Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   ability to rent in newer areas? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/ability-rent-newer-areas-313332/)

Cookie Princess 11-22-2020 04:36 PM

ability to rent in newer areas?

My husband read something today about home owners in the newer southern areas having restrictions placed on their ability to rent their houses. I had never heard of this before. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

John_W 11-22-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cookie Princess (Post 1864424)
My husband read something today about home owners in the newer southern areas having restrictions placed on their ability to rent their houses. I had never heard of this before. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I just pulled up the website Rentals and just selected courtyard villas and on the very first page they have two homes listed in Fenney. Apparently any restrictions aren't keep owners from listing. The only restriction I ever knew of was within the first year of ownership you could not resell your home for more then you paid plus the cost of upgrades. They didn't want flippers buying up homes and then competing against new sales, this rule is throughout TV.

Here's one in Fenney

https://www.villagershomes4rent.com/...lery/95414.jpg

Here is the main page, they have 1600 rentals, you can search all you want.

VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages Florida The VIllages Rentals

Toymeister 11-22-2020 06:05 PM

A direct answer to your question is some streets/neighborhoods in the newest areas do not allow rentals. It is part of their deed restrictions. The vast majority do allow rentals.

vintageogauge 11-22-2020 06:17 PM

The last I heard down here in Fenney is that there are 2 streets that do not allow renting, one of them is Sweet Bay, don't know the other. As far as other villages maybe someone living in one with knowledge will reply. Fenney is the most populous of all villages and why there are 2 streets in that category is a mystery to me.

Mrprez 11-22-2020 06:42 PM

Lots of houses for rent down here.

tophcfa 11-22-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1864446)
The last I heard down here in Fenney is that there are 2 streets that do not allow renting, one of them is Sweet Bay, don't know the other. As far as other villages maybe someone living in one with knowledge will reply. Fenney is the most populous of all villages and why there are 2 streets in that category is a mystery to me.

Is there any possibility they could prohibit short term ARIBNB rentals by owners living in their house, while renting out rooms, in our neighborhood??

Marathon Man 11-22-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Can you tell us where he read this?

Art cov 11-22-2020 08:58 PM

A family member bought between fenney way and sweetgum. We haven’t heard any such restriction. Let us know if one knows

charlieo1126@gmail.com 11-22-2020 10:38 PM

There are no restrictions none , I rented my 2 winters in a row

Quote:

It’s your home

Scott O 11-23-2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

We bought down in Monarch Grove, new and 2 of the homes in our neighborhood were bought up and immediately put on the rental market, so I highly doubt that’s true..

Marvivo 11-23-2020 05:55 AM

We live on Hinton Place in Fenney and cannot rent out our house.

leeannske 11-23-2020 05:58 AM

I live in the area in Fenney that doesn't allow rentals. It's actually all of Section 12, which is about 120 homes, not just 2 streets. Sweet Bay Trail is in Section 12. We also have fences in our section. We are not Veranda homes as we have a full U-shaped yard.

txfan 11-23-2020 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1864435)
I just pulled up the website Rentals and just selected courtyard villas and on the very first page they have two homes listed in Fenney. Apparently any restrictions aren't keep owners from listing. The only restriction I ever knew of was within the first year of ownership you could not resell your home for more then you paid plus the cost of upgrades. They didn't want flippers buying up homes and then competing against new sales, this rule is throughout TV.

Here's one in Fenney

https://www.villagershomes4rent.com/...lery/95414.jpg

Here is the main page, they have 1600 rentals, you can search all you want.

VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages Florida The VIllages Rentals

We can sell within the first year, but half the profit goes to The Villages.

b0bd0herty 11-23-2020 07:12 AM

Fenny is not one of the new areas. Believe the new areas would be Chitty Chatty, Bradford, Hawkins, St Catherine, etc

cndlou3 11-23-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1864498)
It’s your home

According to our Lender in the contract we cannot rent our house. Maybe it has something to do with that.