Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf cart tires? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-tires-314767/)

Shadow8IA 01-07-2021 10:39 AM

Golf cart tires?

Best place to buy golf cart tires?

Topspinmo 01-07-2021 04:05 PM

Depends, cheaper online, if you have aluminum mag wheels? then, only few places will do them due to the thick bead which makes tires hard to get off and on without damage, it you have steel wheels locally I say Walmart.

John_W 01-07-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow8IA (Post 1883685)

My Yamaha is a 2011 model and I have the original tires on 3 wheels and still look almost new. I only replaced the back right tire because I let the pressure get low and it wore on the edges. Lesson learned, even though you sit on the left side, take a look at the right side every now and then.

I called the Villages Golf Carts at Brownwood about 2 years ago for a tire. They said, bring it in at 7am and leave it and we'll have it ready by 4pm. They said they can give me a loaner cart while waiting so you can go somewhere. I asked the price, they said about $80 tax and all.

I called Tire Choice at Colony, they have a bad rap for trying to upsell seniors when they bring their cars in, but I figured for this I'll give them a try. They said, bring your cart right in and we'll have it ready in an hour and it's $77 out the door. So that is what I did. I walked over to Fiesta Grand and ate, and when I got back my cart was ready.

Walmart at Wedgewood on 466 Auto Shop would be another good choice, but I'm not sure they have reopened the shop yet, it has been closed during the pandemic.

The Tire Choice in The Villages, FL | Tires, Brakes, Oil Changes & More

bagboy 01-07-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1883832)
My Yamaha is a 2011 model and I have the original tires on 3 wheels and still look almost new. I only replaced the back right tire because I let the pressure get low and it wore on the edges. Lesson learned, even though you sit on the left side, take a look at the right side every now and then.

I called the Villages Golf Carts at Brownwood about 2 years ago for a tire. They said, bring it in at 7am and leave it and we'll have it ready by 4pm. They said they can give me a loaner cart while waiting so you can go somewhere. I asked the price, they said about $80 tax and all.

I called Tire Choice at Colony, they have a bad rap for trying to upsell seniors when they bring their cars in, but I figured for this I'll give them a try. They said, bring your cart right in and we'll have it ready in an hour and it's $77 out the door. So that is what I did. I walked over to Fiesta Grand and ate, and when I got back my cart was ready.

Walmart at Wedgewood on 466 Auto Shop would be another good choice, but I'm not sure they have reopened the shop yet, it has been closed during the pandemic.

I did the same thing last year at Tire Choice @ Colony. 4 new tires for $308. I was and still am satisfied.

Mleeja 01-07-2021 06:17 PM

Tire Choice on Wedgewood is a good location as well. I have 12 inch rims. Not all locations carry this size.

Topspinmo 01-07-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1883832)

Walmart does not do 10” aluminum mag wheel rims for golf carts.

rahart 01-08-2021 05:47 AM

Wildwood Tire on Route 44, right off Route 301. Took 30 minutes. I dropped off tire , went and did some errands , and came back to pick up.

DrBrutyle109 01-08-2021 06:18 AM

I had good luck with battery boys

timcarnicom 01-08-2021 06:30 AM

Andy from The Tire Guy will come right to your house and change them. He's got a trailer with a tire changer and does it right on sight. His # is 352-424-2254

thevillagernie 01-08-2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow8IA (Post 1883685)

Thees a place on 441 across from Sunoco gas ,A tire dealer..they did a great job and reasonable.

jonathanb 01-08-2021 08:37 AM

Call Wildwood tire

donfey 01-08-2021 08:46 AM

$?

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcarnicom (Post 1883976)
Andy from The Tire Guy will come right to your house and change them. He's got a trailer with a tire changer and does it right on sight. His # is 352-424-2254

How much?

LarryParnelli@gmail.com 01-08-2021 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
www.tire rack.com

oxfordreb52@gmail.com 01-08-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timcarnicom (Post 1883976)

How much did he charge?

bruce213 01-08-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahart (Post 1883953)
Wildwood Tire on Route 44, right off Route 301. Took 30 minutes. I dropped off tire , went and did some errands , and came back to pick up.

Rehart. What was the cost. I gotta save at least $20.00 if am going to pull and replace the tire myself. I've done like a couple of others drop off at tire choice and get some lunch.