Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Best Aerial Antenna (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/best-aerial-antenna-314912/)

pablo cruze 01-10-2021 05:19 PM

Best Aerial Antenna

Hello,
I am purchasing a home in Hemmingway. I will want to start out with the minimum for infotainment at the house. Probably just the lowest cost internet (at a reasonable speed - only will use one or two devices at a time). YouTube TV, and will want a great antenna to get the most local stations (Ocala, Orlando, Tampa).

I think that I read where someone had a good antenna from a supplier in Michigan, but now I cannot find the reference.

Can someone help?

Thank you.

Sincerely
Paul Hellebuyck

village dreamer 01-10-2021 05:34 PM

walmart about $35

John_W 01-10-2021 05:48 PM

JoelJohnson 01-11-2021 07:29 AM

Check out Antenna Man - Cut The Cord He has a YouTube channel with a lot of great advice (especially about the cheap antenna above).

RobbyHarris 01-11-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1885344)
You would need a third antenna for Tampa and a fourth for Ocala, they're all in different directions. Tampa would the same networks as Orlando.

Or you could probably use 1 antenna with a cheap rotator. Would save lots of room. :) You might need a multiband antenna not sure what freq all those local channels use.

retiredguy123 01-11-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 1885343)
walmart about $35

I bought an antenna at Best Buy for $12. The only problem is that it won't get any channels at all. But, I saved a lot of money.

jtpearce34476 02-21-2021 06:30 PM

Pablo, the antenna from Michigan is the Denny's Stacker. we have them at International Satellite & Antenna in Ocala along with everything else you will need

It is a Winegard antenna (VHF/UHF/FM that has been reconfigursave spaceed to

John_W 02-21-2021 06:50 PM

Indy-Guy 02-21-2021 07:27 PM

Informa 6 Things to Know Before You Sign Up for Locast | Locast Review - YouTube on Locast.

Locast - Wikipedia

MACH7SS 02-21-2021 09:26 PM

ClearStream 4MAX UHF/VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna

John_W 02-21-2021 09:31 PM

boxcarwilly 02-21-2021 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo cruze (Post 1885339)
Hello,
I am purchasing a home in Hemmingway. I will want to start out with the minimum for infotainment at the house. Probably just the lowest cost internet (at a reasonable speed - only will use one or two devices at a time). YouTube TV, and will want a great antenna to get the most local stations (Ocala, Orlando, Tampa).

I think that I read where someone had a good antenna from a supplier in Michigan, but now I cannot find the reference.

Can someone help?

Thank you.

Sincerely
Paul Hellebuyck

This antenna in our attic peak pulls all channels(aimed towards Orlando) including WESH which is a VHF holdout.We are in Bison Valley.

JohnN 02-22-2021 07:39 AM

as mentioned, if you have youtubetv , you won't need an antenna.
If you like your antenna, then there's no reason to get youtubetv
youtube does have a lot of non-local stations

PJOHNS2654 02-22-2021 03:39 PM

Youtube TV

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo cruze (Post 1885339)
Hello,

Can someone help?

Thank you.

Sincerely
Paul Hellebuyck

You get the local channels with YouTube TV.

Footer 02-22-2021 11:16 PM

Make sure you don't have radiant barrier in your attic. If you do the antenna won't work.

Mount it as high as possible in the attic. Every foot helps.

Aim it at 115 degrees. You can install a compass app on your phone.

Install the amplifier as close to the antenna as possible, as opposed to close to the TV.

I get Channel 2 clearly and live near Savannah Center but my attic is taller than most.