Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   College Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/college-football-329/)
-   -   Rolllllll Tide! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/college-football-329/rolllllll-tide-314969/)

camaguey48 01-12-2021 08:17 AM

Rolllllll Tide!

I was at Gators Dockside last night to watch the game between Alabama and Ohio State with a great deal of hope that the Tide would win against a very, very good Ohio State team. I expected a very close game, especially after watching OSU dismantle a very good Clemson team. In that game, Justin Fields put on a excellent performance and I expected him to give Bama lots of trouble.
It was close for a short time, but then Alabama began to roll and OSU could not keep up.
Devonta Smith, the skinny kid, lived up to his Heisman trophy award (12 catches for 215 yards, in the first half). I could see the helpless look on the cornerback.
Putting up 52 points on OSU is no easy feat, but Bama did it with ease. Nick Saban, his coaches and players deserve congratulations on a spectacular season. Also, congratulations to Ohio State, they, as always, have a great season.

bilcon 01-12-2021 08:33 AM

SEC - The Best

npwalters 01-12-2021 03:27 PM

Devonta Smith, the skinny kid, lived up to his Heisman trophy award (12 catches for 215 yards, in the first half). I could see the helpless look on the cornerback.

He was on fire. It would have been interesting to see his stats had he not broke his finger and out of the game.

Art cov 01-12-2021 03:53 PM

It’s mind boggling to see what coach Sabin has done with the bama program in this day and age. So many 5 star recruits want to go to Alabama every year for a chance of a championship and be drafted in the NFL. Often times they play major roles on NFL teams in their first year. Truly amazing And also Sabin loses coaches every year, then regroups for another top 5 finish

sail33or 01-12-2021 05:08 PM

An opposing view is that Bama is ruining College Football.

Easy to win with all the top recruits.

Now if Saban could coach Vanderbilt to a Championship I would be impressed.

John_W 01-12-2021 05:19 PM

I was impressed with QB Mac Jones. He's very accurate. They say he'll probably be a late first round pick. He would be better than what a lot of NFL teams have on their roster right now. If the Bears would move on from Trubisky, if they could grab this guy with their 20th pick they would be a much better team even if they did nothing else, they already have a very good defense.

Art cov 01-12-2021 06:56 PM

If vandy would’ve paid James Franklin for doing a great job and I believe won 3 consecutive bowl games. His team was winning in the SEC, not an easy chore for Vanderbilt. Penn state paid him to come back home and has done well. Bama begged coach Saban to their school from coaching the dolphins because they were desperate for a good coach. Bama was tired of not winning championships and so bama and Saban has been happy ever since.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 01-12-2021 07:23 PM

Yes he’s done sooooo well! 9/4 and 4/5 so wonderful lol

camaguey48 01-12-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sail33or (Post 1886351)
An opposing view is that Bama is ruining College Football.

Easy to win with all the top recruits.

Now if Saban could coach Vanderbilt to a Championship I would be impressed.

How is winning ruining college football? The man is paid to win games, just like any other coach in the business. He recruits better and coaches better than anyone else, so what's the issue? Success breeds success.
I guess if winning is an issue, then participation trophies should be handed out. Then everybody's happy. Yes?

Art cov 01-12-2021 09:57 PM

46-16 last 5 years not too awful bad

Art cov 01-12-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art cov (Post 1886475)

No not bama or Clemson for sure.

camaguey48 01-13-2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art cov (Post 1886475)

Six titles at Bama plus one at LSU. Not bad at all. One note: When the game was winding down and they were in victory formation, Coach Saban put in a player (Dickerson) for the last snap. This player was injured during the Notre Dame game and did not return but was in uniform for the championship knowing he could not play. He was warmly greeted at the huddle by his teammates. What a sight to see. That is a testament to Coach Saban's love and personal regards for his players.

sail33or 01-13-2021 10:01 AM

I can tell you right now at least 3 of the 4 teams in the College Football Playoff next year. No need to watch or play regular games.

1. Bama 2. Clemson 3. Ohio State

It does not matter who #4 is because they will get beat by Bama in the first round.

So yea, College Ball is real exciting. At least in the Pros, the "WORST" Team gets the best player to "MAKE THINGS FAIR".

charlieo1126@gmail.com 01-13-2021 11:28 AM

There are many top recruits that go to different schools many don’t pan out for different reasons , yes Saban gets many, but he also gets walk on recruits, the ability to mold these players into champion is what sets him apart like Belichick his close friend who could bring out the best in average talent