Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Automated Tee Time System (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/automated-tee-time-system-315437/)

Accidental1 01-23-2021 08:51 AM

Automated Tee Time System

I'm unable to find an answer to this in of the literature that I've read. Does the date a tee time request is made have any impact on priority? For instance, does a request made 7 days in advance have any higher priority than one made 4 days in advance?

dewilson58 01-23-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accidental1 (Post 1891537)
I'm unable to find an answer to this in of the literature that I've read. Does the date a tee time request is made have any impact on priority? For instance, does a request made 7 days in advance have any higher priority than one made 4 days in advance?

call
Customer Service:
8AM to 5PM Mon-Fri
(352)753-4040

biker1 01-23-2021 09:16 AM

I cannot speak for the championship courses but for the executives, when you make the tee time request does not matter. You can make a tee time request anytime between 7 days in advance and 4 days in advance upto midnight and it will not impact whether you get a reservation. For example, your request must be in by midnight Wednesday for a Sunday reservation. The average number of points for the players in the request does matter, a lot.

The following link will explain the system in some detail:

https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...heVillages.pdf

Quote:

Regor 01-23-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

No!!

tophcfa 01-23-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1891556)
yes

I always wondered the same question. If the answer is yes, does that also mean that if you make a request, but then edit it the next day, the request drops down in priority?

Bogie Shooter 01-23-2021 09:47 AM

If you follow the link in post #3....you will find.
"The system is designed to give all residents fair and equal
opportunities to obtain tee times. In addition, it is set up to
accommodate the active lifestyle of our residents. The system is not a
first come, first served system.
"

tophcfa 01-23-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1891582)
If you follow the link in post #3....you will find.
"The system is designed to give all residents fair and equal
opportunities to obtain tee times. In addition, it is set up to
accommodate the active lifestyle of our residents. The system is not a
first come, first served system.
"

I will buy the “fair and equal opportunity for all residents” statement for the executives, but priority memberships prove that to be false for championships.

mulligan 01-23-2021 10:23 AM

If everybody would simply attend the good golf school, the system is explained in detail. But no.....the confusion/ignorance persists.

CWGUY 01-23-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 1891613)
If everybody would simply attend the good golf school, the system is explained in detail. But no.....the confusion/ignorance persists.

:clap2: You said that a lot nicer than I would have. Thank you.

Polar Bear 01-23-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 1891613)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1891667)
:clap2: You said that a lot nicer than I would have. Thank you.

“ignorance persists”...as does arrogance and condescension.

CWGUY 01-23-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1891706)
“ignorance persists”...as does arrogance and condescension.

:shocked: You left out SARCASM. :oops:

AJGeorge 01-23-2021 04:51 PM

All T times are generated 3 days before the requested play date after midnight. They are all equal and the date and time is irrelevant.

golfing eagles 01-23-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1891598)
I will buy the “fair and equal opportunity for all residents” statement for the executives, but priority memberships prove that to be false for championships.

How so? All residents have a "fair and equal" opportunity to obtain a priority membership.

TSO/ISPF 01-23-2021 05:29 PM

Good Golf School

They spend the first hour or so talking about golf etiquette which is good but they should start with the tee time system IMHO.

golfing eagles 01-23-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heims01 (Post 1891835)
They spend the first hour or so talking about golf etiquette which is good but they should start with the tee time system IMHO.

Based on what I have seen over the last 8 years, they should spend 99% of the time on golf etiquette