Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Where is all the covid vaccine?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/where-all-covid-vaccine-315449/)

billethkid 01-23-2021 11:21 AM

Where is all the covid vaccine??

Somewhere in the information chain and among those in a position to know.....there is information available about how many doses per day are being shipped from the different manufacturers. Based on ramping up before approval discussions in the 4th quarter of 2020, it must certainly be in the millions per day by now (my WAG).

And it is most assuredly known where the doses are being shipped .......

To have gone for two weeks since the vaccination site has shut down operations (the governors photo op boasting service to TV) with no more information than was available then is a mystery....

Apparently not of interest to the media as they have not been of any help in revealing the problem or where do we go from here.

Much of what we see and hear, or not, tends to a conclusion we are being managed/misled/kept in the dark for some reason.

Warp speed has slowed to a stop with no explanation to the general public.

I am not intimating any conspiracy type theories. Just advocating the information that we know is available is not being utilized in communicating current situation or future expectations to the general public.

Are we being had? If so, for what reason?

Desantis and his team of contacts surely cannot stay behind closed doors for much longer without addressing why his promised actions and results have fallen completely flat and what they ARE DOING ABOUT IT!

unacceptable communications thus far;
....we ran out and there is a shortage....we will let you know....

[just taking a minute to vent!!!!]

Bucco 01-23-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1891665)
Somewhere in the information chain and among those in a position to know.....there is information available about how many doses per day are being shipped from the different manufacturers. Based on ramping up before approval discussions in the 4th quarter of 2020, it must certainly be in the millions per day by now (my WAG).

And it is most assuredly known where the doses are being shipped .......

To have gone for two weeks since the vaccination site has shut down operations (the governors photo op boasting service to TV) with no more information than was available then is a mystery....

Apparently not of interest to the media as they have not been of any help in revealing the problem or where do we go from here.

Much of what we see and hear, or not, tends to a conclusion we are being managed/misled/kept in the dark for some reason.

Warp speed has slowed to a stop with no explanation to the general public.

I am not intimating any conspiracy type theories. Just advocating the information that we know is available is not being utilized in communicating current situation or future expectations to the general public.

Are we being had? If so, for what reason?

Desantis and his team of contacts surely cannot stay behind closed doors for much longer without addressing why his promised actions and results have fallen completely flat and what they ARE DOING ABOUT IT!

unacceptable communications thus far;
....we ran out and there is a shortage....we will let you know....

For what it is worth...

"When asked what happened at the state level, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis put the blame on the federal government, saying it’s a problem of supply and demand."

The Villages vaccine site shut abruptly shutdown

Bucco 01-23-2021 11:34 AM

After researching as best I can, it appears to be temporary and will get fixed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...tes-shortages/

Stu from NYC 01-23-2021 12:54 PM

They should have contracted the whole thing to private industry and it would have run much more smoothly.

Companies like Walgreens and CVS would have done a much better job.

Letting all these different parts of Fed and State govt get involved makes a mess out of distribution

Bill14564 01-23-2021 01:46 PM

I have been paying attention to the papers I read and trying to get some sense of where the vaccine is. I haven't had any success.

• - Pfizer says it has some vaccine in storage that the US hasn't requested yet
  • - The US says it has delivered all that the States have requested
  • - The States say it's a supply problem and they can't get any more from the US
  • - Some statistics show 40M doses shipped but only 19M used
  • - I think I remember a promise of 100M doses by the end of December. Even if that was later reduced to 50M it still leaves the question of where are the doses promised for December and where are the doses manufactured in the last three weeks?
  • - Some articles say a large number of the doses that have been provided to CVS and Walgreens for nursing homes have not yet been used
  • - GMR seemed to claim they had a source for 90,000 doses - those doses fell through soon after the news conference
  • - I believe I saw today that Florida expected to receive 266,000 doses this week. That may sound like a lot but when divided among the 70ish counties in the State with Sumter being somewhere in the middle it works out to few doses for us.

I have to believe a product with as much visibility as the vaccine would be tracked very closely. Amazon can tell me whether that pair of socks I ordered is in the warehouse or on the truck or on my doorstep. I am skeptical that no one knows which ultra-low temperature freezers are holding 20M doses of this very valuable product.

JimJohnson 01-23-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 1891747)
I have been paying attention to the papers I read and trying to get some sense of where the vaccine is. I haven't had any success.

• - Pfizer says it has some vaccine in storage that the US hasn't requested yet
  • - The US says it has delivered all that the States have requested
  • - The States say it's a supply problem and they can't get any more from the US
  • - Some statistics show 40M doses shipped but only 19M used
  • - I think I remember a promise of 100M doses by the end of December. Even if that was later reduced to 50M it still leaves the question of where are the doses promised for December and where are the doses manufactured in the last three weeks?
  • - Some articles say a large number of the doses that have been provided to CVS and Walgreens for nursing homes have not yet been used
  • - GMR seemed to claim they had a source for 90,000 doses - those doses fell through soon after the news conference
  • - I believe I saw today that Florida expected to receive 266,000 doses this week. That may sound like a lot but when divided among the 70ish counties in the State with Sumter being somewhere in the middle it works out to few doses for us.

I have to believe a product with as much visibility as the vaccine would be tracked very closely. Amazon can tell me whether that pair of socks I ordered is in the warehouse or on the truck or on my doorstep. I am skeptical that no one knows which ultra-low temperature freezers are holding 20M doses of this very valuable product.

Good things are finally in our future in this issue.

lake5798 01-23-2021 02:32 PM

Went to Citrus Springs this am and received my 1st shot along with 1000 other souls, Citrus County has their act together ,unlike Sumter which is totally clueless. Largest retirement community in the US and The Village developers sit silent while their residents scramble looking for a place to obtain Vaccine, PATHETIC!!!

Bill14564 01-23-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lake5798 (Post 1891767)
Went to Citrus Springs this am and received my 1st shot along with 1000 other souls, Citrus County has their act together ,unlike Sumter which is totally clueless. Largest retirement community in the US and The Village developers sit silent while their residents scramble looking for a place to obtain Vaccine, PATHETIC!!!

The Villages developers have nothing to do with obtaining the vaccines. They are not the health department, they are not hospital facilities, and they are not high-volume pharmacies. Expecting the Villages developers to be able to obtain vaccines would be a lot like expecting Disney to be able to obtain vaccines.

The Villages developer builds houses and amenities. The health department deals with the State to obtain the vaccine.

Altavia 01-23-2021 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the latest from thr CDC

CDC COVID Data Tracker

Bill14564 01-23-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJohnson (Post 1891762)
Good things are finally in our future in this issue.

Definitely the future since the present isn't looking too good. How far into the future is a big question.

The sun will come out tomorrow but there will be fewer of us to see it.

Kenswing 01-23-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

I've been a member of this site for a few years now. It still amazes me what people will try to blame on the developer.

lake5798 01-23-2021 02:52 PM

Well the Viilage Developers sure are able to pull strings when it is in THEIR best interest!

tvbound 01-23-2021 02:52 PM

I predict the abysmal rollout of the vaccine to shots in the arm, will get much better very soon.

Bogie Shooter 01-23-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Surely, The Villages developer has a department to handle vaccine procurement?
Really?

lake5798 01-23-2021 03:03 PM

Really, how about a little assistance is that to much to ask!!