Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   The Village Golf Cars Service Dept.at SS.... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/village-golf-cars-service-dept-ss-315553/)

giorgio1948 01-26-2021 01:31 PM

The Village Golf Cars Service Dept.at SS....

Has anyone experienced the poor service lately with the Service Dept. in Spanish Springs?

Joe V. 01-26-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giorgio1948 (Post 1893033)
Has anyone experienced the poor service lately with the Service Dept. in Spanish Springs?

Nope. Just there for maint. and am very satisfied.

village dreamer 01-26-2021 03:53 PM

brownwood stinks too.

dewilson58 01-26-2021 03:55 PM

Have not used them.
Good service at BWood & Lake Sumter.

tophcfa 01-26-2021 04:12 PM

Just like going to a restaurant, the food on any given day is only as good as the cook working that day. Same with the technician that works on your golf cart.

Villagevip 01-26-2021 04:34 PM

Try going into LSL for gas, and go into the showroom, just to see whats new.... Like going into a viper pit, sales people breathing down your neck, almost tripping the back of your flip flops so close.. Say, just getting gas, and looking to see the new, to no avail.... I now, I just stay away...

mrf6969 01-27-2021 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1893087)
Try going into LSL for gas, and go into the showroom, just to see whats new.... Like going into a viper pit, sales people breathing down your neck, almost tripping the back of your flip flops so close.. Say, just getting gas, and looking to see the new, to no avail.... I now, I just stay away...

Wow did you get off topic but since you went this way why not find out what is NEW? The only way you are going to find out is have that conversation with the:welcome: knowledgeable sales person. If your cart is older that 3 years there is a lot NEW. Take something out for an overnight test drive. Get out of your shell and live. Heck you might find out that owning and driving a brand new cart is just what you needed and love.
I am sure this is exactly what you wanted to hear, or did you really walk into the showroom just to use the bathroom?:a040:

mpefloral 01-27-2021 07:21 AM

We took the cart in for semi annual check up one time. It returned ok but very soon after developed a problem - gear adjustment. We understand this can happen but it was suspicious. They also said other work was needed which we doubted. Had another repair person look at it who said it was fine and more than a year later it is still fine.

Nucky 01-27-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giorgio1948 (Post 1893033)

NO!

John_W 01-27-2021 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1893087)
Try going into LSL for gas, and go into the showroom, just to see whats new.... Like going into a viper pit, sales people breathing down your neck...

I find the LSL location next to Barnes & Nobles just the opposite, they are usually so busy that they don't have time to pounce. Sometimes when I go to B&N I'll stop in there to see the new stuff. When I decided my old 6 pack cooler wasn't cutting it anymore, I checked out the 12 pack cooler I see on most new carts, but then I saw this one. Even more insulation and really nice and sturdy and only $20 more. So if I hadn't stopped in I wouldn't of known about it.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a1&oe=603575EE

jbrown132 01-27-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 1893076)
brownwood stinks too.

Their work seems to be OK, but with a bit of an attitude.

BostonRich 01-27-2021 08:36 AM

My wife took her cart there the other day for a problem as she has always done. They told her that they only service carts that are bought there now! Seriously?

Larchap49 01-27-2021 08:59 AM

Cart

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1893232)
I find the LSL location next to Barnes & Nobles just the opposite, they are usually so busy that they don't have time to pounce. Sometimes when I go to B&N I'll stop in there to see the new stuff. When I decided my old 6 pack cooler wasn't cutting it anymore, I checked out the 12 pack cooler I see on most new carts, but then I saw this one. Even more insulation and really nice and sturdy and only $20 more. So if I hadn't stopped in I wouldn't of known about it.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a1&oe=603575EE

Cooler looks great. Lights on the other hand, cutting across pinstripe and reflector. ???? Does not look professional

PennBF 01-27-2021 09:42 AM

Good Question

We have used LSL Golf Cart Garage and just don't feel comfortable with them. Last time we went in to buy something for our cart that was over $1,000. We had a very nice saleswoman who was waiting on us and she was really good and we were ready to make the purchase when a guy came over who acted like a manager and grabbed the sale right from her and started pushing her aside. It was embarrassing for us and you could tell it was embarrassing for the saleswoman. We could see what was happening and it was very unpleasant so we left and went to the Spanish Springs cart sales office and bought our merchandise there. We are fully aware the same company would book the purchase but there was no way we were going to be a party to such behavior as the one shown by the so called Manager. at LSL.:ohdear:

wrestle1 01-27-2021 10:32 AM

I ordered a new cart at Brownwood a few weeks ago and checked the status today. The sales person said they’re having difficulty keeping up with inventory and the service garages are a bit overwhelmed right now. They generally provide pretty good service but I suspect their staff is overloaded right now. Keep that in mind as you’re doing business there