Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New owners at Riccardi's in Brownwood. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-owners-riccardis-brownwood-315799/)

bilcon 02-01-2021 11:49 AM

New owners at Riccardi's in Brownwood.

The Suleiman Family is the new owners of Riccardi's. It should be a big improvement. Good Luck to a wonderful Family. We can't wait to try it.

oldtimes 02-01-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1895933)
The Suleiman Family is the new owners of Riccardi's. It should be a big improvement. Good Luck to a wonderful Family. We can't wait to try it.

:agree:

dewilson58 02-01-2021 01:02 PM

So far, So good....................diminishing returns?? :popcorn:

Papa_lecki 02-01-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

What other restaurants do they own? I wasn’t impressed with Riccardi’s - we drive to Red Sauce for Italian

davem4616 02-01-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_lecki (Post 1895988)
What other restaurants do they own? I wasn’t impressed with Riccardi’s - we drive to Red Sauce for Italian

Francesco's on 441/27 in Summerfield has decent Italian....you might want to try that

bagboy 02-01-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Suleiman family owns Red Sauce. One would think Riccardi's will be similar.... or maybe not.

laboutj 02-01-2021 02:54 PM

I really like Piesano's in Lake Deaton Plaza, the food is very good. Red Sauce is just ok for me. Haven't tried Augustine's yet but will when we get back.

JSR22 02-01-2021 03:01 PM

David Suleiman who owns Havana andLopez is taking ver Ricciardis. Additionally, David has a very good Italian restaurant in Ocala.His brother Jack owns Red Sauce and Glenview.

dewilson58 02-01-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laboutj (Post 1896031)
I really like Piesano's in Lake Deaton Plaza, the food is very good. Red Sauce is just ok for me.

agree

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-01-2021 05:33 PM

Very glad to hear this. We went to Ricciardi's within the first month or two of them opening and were very badly disappointed. We realized it might take more time since they were still new. But it was an unreasonable wait from the time we were seated til we got our water glasses and menus. One of the hot dishes was served cold. Not just "not hot" but actually cold, as if they'd cooked it and stuck it in the fridge for a little while. The sauce was watery and tasted like it came from a jar. The grated cheese was generic or Belgoiso/Stella which - at home or at a local pizza joint is fine, but not for what's supposed to be a mid-tier family restaurant.

My fish dinner smelled off, so I ended up not eating it. My mom didn't get her side dish and by the time they finally brought it out after she'd told them it was missing, we were all already finished with our meal. We had asked twice for lemon for our water (once when we sat down and once after they'd brought the water to us without lemon). We never got it. The wait staff apologized but it was obviously not very sincere, since they never corrected the errors. We left without even bothering to take home what we didn't eat, and never went back.

Now that I know it has a new ownership, I'm definitely willing to give it another try. The menu itself was great, had plenty to choose from, lots of different types of italian foods. I'm betting the Sulieman family will do a much better job of presentation, value, customer service, and quality of the finished product.

krystekk203@gmail.com 02-01-2021 05:42 PM

They are awesome. So excited they will be in Brownwood. Best news we’ve had in awhile .

golfing eagles 02-01-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know exactly WHEN they took over????

champion6 02-01-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

First, it's spelled Ricciardi's.

Second, the Suleimans also own:
The Legacy Restaurant
The Legacy Bar & Grill
Glenview Champions CC
Redsauce
Havana CC
Milano Ristorante Italiano, Ocala

valuemkt 02-01-2021 08:52 PM

Glenview is definitely the step child of the bunch .. Not sure how they;ve managed to make it as terrible as it is.

Scott O 02-02-2021 05:56 AM

Not a fan of Red Sauce..never had any issues with Ricciardi’s, but also a fan of Piesanos...