Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Fenney Putt n Play - Deplorable Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/fenney-putt-n-play-deplorable-conditions-316062/)

sdeikenberry 02-08-2021 07:02 AM

Fenney Putt n Play - Deplorable Conditions

Fenney Putt n Play is in deplorable condition. The cups have not been moved in a very long time...the edges are broken down and many cups have dead grass around the edge. The "fairway" has not been cut or rolled for a long time...very bumpy, lots of weed growing in it, and dead spots. What was once fun to play is now a crap shoot. From only a few feet away I putt my ball, it heads straight for the cup, and a few inches from the cup it hits a bump or clump of wild grass, and turns left or right. We had fun, yes, but only because we decided to not care about the game and enjoy the day.

dewilson58 02-08-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdeikenberry (Post 1899002)
Fenney Putt n Play is in deplorable condition. The cups have not been moved in a very long time...the edges are broken down and many cups have dead grass around the edge. The "fairway" has not been cut or rolled for a long time...very bumpy, lots of weed growing in it, and dead spots. What was once fun to play is now a crap shoot. From only a few feet away I putt my ball, it heads straight for the cup, and a few inches from the cup it hits a bump or clump of wild grass, and turns left or right. We had fun, yes, but only because we decided to not care about the game and enjoy the day.

Bummer.

Posting here will not help, report it.

Neils 02-08-2021 07:08 AM

Most of my putts seem to turn left or right just before the cup no matter what course I play

dewilson58 02-08-2021 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neils (Post 1899008)
Most of my putts seem to turn left or right just before the cup no matter what course I play

I saw that happen in Sunday's Tourney in AZ.

Bay Kid 02-08-2021 07:33 AM

Par for the course.

Marathon Man 02-08-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1899004)
Bummer.

Posting here will not help, report it.

Yep. Why is the first reaction of so many to get on TOTV and type up a complaint, rather than making a phone call (which may actually result in a fix).

Bogie Shooter 02-08-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1899023)
Yep. Why is the first reaction of so many to get on TOTV and type up a complaint, rather than making a phone call (which may actually result in a fix).

Laziness...........

Viperguy 02-08-2021 09:09 AM

I stopped playing the Execs for that reason. Problem is the Champs aren't much better. The winter kills the grass and barring a complete reseeding ($$$$) and shutting down the course, what are you going to do? Suck it up I guess. You could go to a course that caters to tourists and pay $150

kansasr 02-08-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Because the Fenney Putt & Play is still owned by the developer....good luck complaining to them!

Of course, we own (and maintain) all of the land surrounding it.

Marathon Man 02-08-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansasr (Post 1899270)
Because the Fenney Putt & Play is still owned by the developer....good luck complaining to them!

Of course, we own (and maintain) all of the land surrounding it.

How about this.

Try something, then complain only if you get no results. Much better than complain rather than trying.

banjobob 02-09-2021 05:51 AM

It seems the cups have a small mound around them , I guess the ground is not flattened after. Cutting new holes.

Two Bills 02-09-2021 06:08 AM

Get new putter.
Always works!

kendi 02-09-2021 07:11 AM

You are greatly exaggerating. We just played the course and it was fine. Very smooth, no weeds.

sdeikenberry 02-09-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

You guys just like to gripe about anyone posting information. FYI...the reason I posted was information for those who may want to go there. Good grief, I'm not stupid, I know to call golf administration if I want something to change...it's smart ass remarks like this that discourage others from posting information.

Moderator 02-09-2021 08:44 AM

Please stay on topic of Fenney Putt n Play conditions and avoid attacking each other.