Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Yet another GMR question...... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/yet-another-gmr-question-316307/)

billethkid 02-14-2021 07:16 AM

Yet another GMR question......

We received our reservation code, then bar code with email showing date and times for first and second shot and location.

We did get our first shot yesterday at the high school and received our shot card noting innoculation info.

My question is....does one use the same bar code along with the "shot card" and just show up for second appointment?

Or will there be another round of invite from GMR, back to website, new bar code?

Dan9871 02-14-2021 07:21 AM

For GMR you just bring back your original email/bar code for you second appointment. You don't have to go back to the Saferestart site. Make sure you also bring your vaccine card with you too.

bimmertl 02-14-2021 10:55 AM

We received a second email just prior to our second shot. It had the date and time of the shot and a new bar code.

Birdie Dreamer 02-14-2021 11:58 AM

Wife, MIL and I all received an email confirming our second shot time. All three of us had the same barcode as we did for the first shot.

Bogie Shooter 02-14-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1901866)
We received our reservation code, then bar code with email showing date and times for first and second shot and location.

We did get our first shot yesterday at the high school and received our shot card noting innoculation info.

My question is....does one use the same bar code along with the "shot card" and just show up for second appointment?

Or will there be another round of invite from GMR, back to website, new bar code?

Glad you finally got your first shot....lšŸ˜Ž

coffeebean 02-14-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

GMR will send you another email for the second shot with a bar code. That bar code will be the same as the bar code you received for your first shot. They will need your vaccination card so they can enter the information for your second shot....same as your first shot.

coffeebean 02-14-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmertl (Post 1902052)
We received a second email just prior to our second shot. It had the date and time of the shot and a new bar code.

I compared the bar code I received for my first shot with the bar code I received for my second shot. They were had the same code.

CFrance 02-15-2021 07:28 AM

I threw my first bar code out because Sumter County Health Dept had taken over for my first shot, and they gave me a code number (which they never asked for the day of the shot). My husband's first shot--GMR had taken back over. I asked them if I needed my bar code for the second shot, as I had thrown it out due to SC taking over, and they said no, they would email me before the second shot with another bar code. I hope that's true.

dvpartlo 02-15-2021 08:03 AM

I would take a picture of your vaccination cards just in case you can't find it when you need it.....

bjp1673 02-15-2021 08:21 AM

They sent us a second email with barcode, date, time and location.

Tankerrich 02-15-2021 08:55 AM

Do you throw away your passport when you come back from a trip? Why not just put it in the same place as a passport and vaccination Certificate. (Yellow Card) You may need all three if you decide to travel again.

wiltma 02-15-2021 09:18 AM

Vaccine

Quote:

We got a second email notice with a bar code for second shot

golf4dns 02-15-2021 09:25 AM

You should receive another email with your bar code and an appointment date and time. Mine was scheduled 28 days after the first one and at the same time. The date for the second shot appointment was issued at the time I the first. However, I did get a reminder email of the second shot, time and place. Glad you have gotten your first one.

Carlsondm 02-15-2021 11:01 AM

We received a second email just prior to our second shot. It had the date and time of the shot and a bar code, which was identical to the first.

Just bring your id, barcode, and card with you to your second shot. That is it. Easy and quick. We did take it easy the next day and noted a 1 degree temp increase for a day or so. Yay, the vaccine was working. No other problems, and we didn't take Tylenol.

coffeebean 02-15-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankerrich (Post 1902439)
Do you throw away your passport when you come back from a trip? Why not just put it in the same place as a passport and vaccination Certificate. (Yellow Card) You may need all three if you decide to travel again.

Other than travel, there may be other reasons to show proof of Covid vaccination for example.....entrance to a concert, sports stadium or hockey arena. I don't carry my passport for these types of events. Taking a photo of the vaccination card is a good idea.