Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Packing boxes where to buy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/packing-boxes-where-buy-316494/)

Bleudeturquoise 02-19-2021 08:04 AM

Packing boxes where to buy

Where to buy packing boxes and bubble wrap

MickeyStevens 02-19-2021 08:05 AM

I believe Walmart sells bubble wrap also an office supply store i.e. Staples or Office Depot. When we made a move I went to the Publix Liquor Store and got all the boxes I need for free. I did have to make a couple of trips since at each visit there weren't enough.

villagetinker 02-19-2021 09:38 AM

All the big box stores have these, I think walmart has the lowest prices, but I also think these are SINGLE layer, the Lowe's and Home Depot are typically DOUBLE layer.

roob1 02-19-2021 10:25 AM

When do you need them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise (Post 1904603)

bagboy 02-19-2021 10:40 AM

Home Depot has regular and heavy duty boxes. They have handles on the side for easier handling.

bagboy 02-19-2021 10:42 AM

mikreb 02-19-2021 11:06 AM

Drive around in one of the new villages. I would have loved to have given all of ours away when we moved in. Our trash pile looked like we were building a pyramid in front of the house.

jdulej 02-19-2021 11:23 AM

One word of caution. Being naturally cheap, I bought the cheapest boxes at home depot for our move. They were fine until it rained. The boxes caught out in the rain completely fell apart - I could watch the seams dissolve.
Maybe they are made better now, this was 10 years ago, just a word of warning.

Rosebud2020 02-19-2021 11:27 AM

Free is the way to go!

Liquor boxes are good as long as they don't cut the tops off and if you can get them all in the same size, they stack better. Banana boxes from any of the supermarkets are terrific. Flatten the heavy paper inside them for the bottom. They are very strong and have cut-outs for handles. Walmart is good later in the day when they are re-stocking. They have larger boxes if you need bigger ones. If you are worried about the cleanliness of a box, line it first with a plastic bag.

vintageogauge 02-19-2021 12:39 PM

I buy all my moving and shipping supplies at U-line.com, they have everything and their boxes are very heavy duty. Not cheap but you don't have problems with them. They deliver within 48 hours, usually the next day.

Fredman 02-19-2021 01:22 PM

Sometimes moving companies have used boxes

Stu from NYC 02-19-2021 03:17 PM

When we moved here our moving company had all we needed for free.

Otherwise big box stores should have them in various sizes

Villageswimmer 02-19-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

If you’re on Nextdoor, there are often folks trying to give them away.

Cupcake57 02-19-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Uhaul has good boxes that if unused are returnable if you keep the receipt. Various sizes for specialty items, etc. I have also used Uline and they are also good quality.

kendi 02-20-2021 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud2020 (Post 1904797)
Free is the way to go!

Liquor boxes are good as long as they don't cut the tops off and if you can get them all in the same size, they stack better. Banana boxes from any of the supermarkets are terrific. Flatten the heavy paper inside them for the bottom. They are very strong and have cut-outs for handles. Walmart is good later in the day when they are re-stocking. They have larger boxes if you need bigger ones. If you are worried about the cleanliness of a box, line it first with a plastic bag.

These boxes can be infested with roaches and such. Best be careful if going this route