Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Food Delivery Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/food-delivery-services-316585/)

Buckeye Bleau 02-21-2021 08:51 AM

Food Delivery Services

I am curious how popular the food delivery services are with TV residents.
I am not talking about you calling Flippers Pizza and having them deliver.
I am wondering about using Door Dash or Grub Hub types of services.
Do you use them?
Did u try them once and never again?
Do u use them occasionally?
Do u use them often?

Thanks, I am just curious.

shut the front door 02-21-2021 08:59 AM

I use both regularly. I just pick which restaurants have free delivery with an order over $12. Never had a problem.

retiredguy123 02-21-2021 09:02 AM

Flippers doesn't deliver. You need to use either Grubhub or Doordash. And, some restaurants that claim to deliver, actually use these services, but don't tell you when you order.

RedChariot 02-21-2021 10:10 AM

Use reluctantly due to fees and then having to tip driver. Use Robert's because he has free delivery over $20. Then we tip the driver.

EdFNJ 02-21-2021 11:02 AM

I got free 1 year Doordash "Dash Plus" with one of my credit cards and have used it numerous times. **IF** cost matters to you note that many of the restaurants up their prices by up to 30% to cover the 30% those places charge the restaurants for their service. We have often compared menu prices and they are MUCH higher so you are basically paying a lot more + "service" fees (NOT the same as free delivery over $12) plus tip. Used it a number of times and had very little complaints. Food came surprisingly warm (not hot) and usually quite fast. As things get back to "normal" you will find less restaurants using the service as it was before the pandemic.

thelegges 02-21-2021 12:58 PM

We have friends who use door dash, 4 or more times a week. For me the food needs to be reheated, just like leftovers. Would rather just pick up myself.

dhoady 02-22-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1905647)
Flippers doesn't deliver. You need to use either Grubhub or Doordash. And, some restaurants that claim to deliver, actually use these services, but don't tell you when you order.

You can call Flippers direct, I ordered yesterday and it was there delivery person.

retiredguy123 02-22-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhoady (Post 1906353)
You can call Flippers direct, I ordered yesterday and it was there delivery person.

You are correct, but they will only deliver within 5 miles. Otherwise, you need to use Grubhub of Doordash.

dbcolli 02-24-2021 08:13 PM

I had a last minute party on Sunday afternoon and decided to give Door Dash a try. We decided on Outback and 6 of us decided what we each wanted and placed the order. I decided to check on the map as to where the driver was after a half hour since we placed the order only to see the order was canceled. Door dash stated there was technical problems placing the order to Outback. Very embarrassing as some guests are from out of town.
Don't think I would use them again.

Stu from NYC 02-24-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbcolli (Post 1907437)
I had a last minute party on Sunday afternoon and decided to give Door Dash a try. We decided on Outback and 6 of us decided what we each wanted and placed the order. I decided to check on the map as to where the driver was after a half hour since we placed the order only to see the order was canceled. Door dash stated there was technical problems placing the order to Outback. Very embarrassing as some guests are from out of town.
Don't think I would use them again.

Technical problems? Sounds like a crock to me