Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf course view sites (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-course-view-sites-316624/)

molddude 02-21-2021 05:32 PM

Golf course view sites

My wife my wife and I have been looking for a pre-existing home on a golf site lot and we're wondering is there any possibility that the golf course, especially a championship course, could be sold for something else in the future? Would love to hear people's thoughts.
A friend of ours in Orlando was just told that they are discontinuing the golf course which he sits upon.

gatorbill1 02-21-2021 05:40 PM

championship courses are owned by developer, who we never thought would tear down a country club to build apartments - sooo

executives are owned by cdd, so very much unlikely to change

retiredguy123 02-21-2021 06:04 PM

Life is too short. I wouldn't worry about it.

villagetinker 02-21-2021 07:33 PM

Molddude, do a search on this site for comments regarding golf course and for that matter water view lots. While there were both positive and negative comments, the one that sticks out is these are subject to CHANGE. We have a lot with a very nice view to the rear, we traded the concept of a kissing lanai for a road. Yes we have some road noise nothing unbearable, even with the sliders open. We have lots of privacy, the people going by have to keep their eyes on the road. The house on the other side are villas, behind a very nice 7 foot wall. My point is depending on what you are looking for there are alternatives.
Be sure to look at the comments I mentioned above, there are probably several you may not have thought of.

John_W 02-21-2021 09:06 PM

I don't know what golf course course lots sell for now, probably $175K. In my village in 2011 on Odessa Circle lots fronting an executive, Yankee Clipper sold for $135K and they sold out within a year. I'm sure a championship course like Cane Garden five minutes down the road, if the developer decided to build homes on the fairway, I'm sure there would several lawsuits filed immediately if this was attempted.

If the developer needed to sell something else, for one he owns 2700 acres on his compound on the northside of 466 between the polo fields on the west side and Tierra Del Sol on the east. There was talk a couple of years ago they would buy a 10 acre horse farm NW of TV and develop that land. I have seen two of the homes on the compound sell within the last couple of years, one included a couple of acres and other included about ten acres, they sold for a couple of million a piece. They had entrances directly off 466, so the owners wouldn't have to come through the rest of the property to reach their home.

Google Maps

molddude 02-21-2021 10:00 PM

We currently live at the beach and my wife is letting me move to the Villages. I am taking her view away and have to give her something. lol
I know the water view lots are"temporary", just look at the Google Earth pictures and you can see. I will do a little research as you suggested thanks

Altavia 02-21-2021 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seems low risk given 46 holes of new Championship golf is planned south of the Turnpike.

tophcfa 02-21-2021 11:18 PM

Look no further than Hacienda Hills. The hit you in the head message is BUYER BEWARE. One would no be considered smart to even consider paying a premium to buy a lot/home on a Championship Course after the very dangerous president has been established. Today’s golf course view can very quickly become tomorrow’s view of a multi story rental apartment complex. Good luck with that : (

mike1946 02-22-2021 05:48 AM

Take a look at the Historic side ...many new properties replacing older manufactured ...lots with great views !!

Rwirish 02-22-2021 05:54 AM

Anything is possible.

Neils 02-22-2021 06:05 AM

Very unlikely to change in my opinion.
Golf courses are TV number 1 selling attraction.

taylor111947 02-22-2021 06:13 AM

There are no guarantees that the view you have today will be there tomorrow. It’s a chance you take.
Having said that - check out VLS#232390 - great Executive golf course view of Southern Star and a pool situated on a cul-de-sac. 😉

molddude 02-22-2021 06:19 AM

A nice house, a little out of my price range

Ginsanders 02-22-2021 06:34 AM

We just sold our home on Silverlake golf course and had water frontage. Silverlake will be rebuilt starting this summer. We were told after 25-30 years a golf course needs to be redone. They tossed around the idea of putt and play, but a petition was signed by homeowners and golfers to keep it an executive course. They will have the NEW executive course completed by end of this year. We loved the view, but golf cart traffic behind our home constantly got old. We now have a more private, quiet backyard. Hooper you find what your looking for.

golfing eagles 02-22-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molddude (Post 1905911)
My wife my wife and I have been looking for a pre-existing home on a golf site lot and we're wondering is there any possibility that the golf course, especially a championship course, could be sold for something else in the future? Would love to hear people's thoughts.
A friend of ours in Orlando was just told that they are discontinuing the golf course which he sits upon.

Seriously, however, it is unlikely. Besides providing recreation for golfers, the golf courses are built as drainage to prevent flooding in residential areas and also have an abundance of environmental areas. I very much doubt they would start building on them, especially with all the new lands they have acquired south of 44