Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Vinyl Fencing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/vinyl-fencing-316677/)

cb1972 02-23-2021 09:15 AM

Vinyl Fencing

has any one had any experience with vinyl fencing north of 44 , thinking about using it for privacy etc . Lots of new colors patterns .Searched this forum but nothing regarding my question. I know I can contact Arch/Rev , deed, etc but looking for some input from a fellow villager .

CWGUY 02-23-2021 09:21 AM

:) Looking forward to the replies.

villagetinker 02-23-2021 09:25 AM

A neighbor put some up 3 foot high to hide AC and pool equipment, looks great, but have not seen any applications for privacy. Depending on where you live fences are generally not allowed. You may get away with hedges.

Garywt 02-23-2021 11:28 AM

If you bought a house without a fence I do not believe they will allow it. Homes either come with a fence or they don’t.

JohnN 02-23-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 1906668)
If you bought a house without a fence I do not believe they will allow it. Homes either come with a fence or they don’t.

That's correct. You'd better check with ARC first or you'll likely end up tearing it down and be out the expense.

Papa_lecki 02-23-2021 02:04 PM

Use landscaping for privacy

John_W 02-23-2021 04:14 PM

South of 44 they have Veranda homes, which use vinyl fencing, and between backyards on CYVs they use vinyl fencing, that's what I have. Normally in the TV fences are not allowed, these are the two exceptions that I'm aware of south of 44. You're lucky, Veranda Homes seemed to be available in a few neighborhoods south of 44, they were only built in just a few blocks in Pine Ridge north of 44.

As far as vinyl fencing, mine on my CYV backyard is still standing after ten years. The biggest problem is on the side that gets shade all year, it will get green algae and only a power-washer can remove it. Otherwise, they don't rot, get weathered looking, or require staining.

You can always sell your home and buy a Veranda, there are 14 Veranda Homes for sale in the Village of Hawkins right now.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

Mortal1 02-23-2021 05:37 PM

"south of 44"....

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1906777)
South of 44 they have Veranda homes, which use vinyl fencing, and between backyards on CYVs they use vinyl fencing, that's what I have. Normally in the TV fences are not allowed, these are the two exceptions that I'm aware of south of 44. You're lucky, Veranda Homes seemed to be available in a few neighborhoods south of 44, they were only built in just a few blocks in Pine Ridge north of 44.

As far as vinyl fencing, mine on my CYV backyard is still standing after ten years. The biggest problem is on the side that gets shade all year, it will get green algae and only a power-washer can remove it. Otherwise, they don't rot, get weathered looking, or require staining.

You can always sell your home and buy a Veranda, there are 14 Veranda Homes for sale in the Village of Hawkins right now.

that pretty much makes anything you suggest is not applicable anymore than putting up a fence in Wailua, Hi.

thevillages2013 02-24-2021 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1906777)

Nash loop off O’dell circle near Havana has ranch/cottage homes built ten or 12 years ago with fenced back yards. 6’ pvc privacy

Cobullymom 02-24-2021 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1906806)
that pretty much makes anything you suggest is not applicable anymore than putting up a fence in Wailua, Hi.

Always that one...

GRACEALLEMAN 02-24-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb1972 (Post 1906596)
has any one had any experience with vinyl fencing north of 44 , thinking about using it for privacy etc . Lots of new colors patterns .Searched this forum but nothing regarding my question. I know I can contact Arch/Rev , deed, etc but looking for some input from a fellow villager .

We thought it looks so cheap that we want to take ours out, the white vinyl fence looks like it should be in front of a trailer park

dncnkate 02-24-2021 07:53 AM

Vinyl fencing

In response to someone talking about the cleaning of vinyl fencing being only a power washer.... another way to remove algae is use 1/2 water with 1/2 vinegar and a scrub brush then rinse and it comes out like new.

kcwhel 02-24-2021 09:54 AM

One issue is if there is grass at the post the lawn car people often use string trimmers too aggressively and can damage the post over time albeit very slowly.

SGR720 02-24-2021 12:16 PM

Vinyl Fencing

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb1972 (Post 1906596)

ARC is the only place to go to determine if any changes to the exterior of your house or on your property is permissible. You can get all the input you want from Villagers but if you don't get the right approval that input is worthless.