Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Poor Tiger (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/poor-tiger-316689/)

alwann 02-23-2021 02:53 PM

Poor Tiger

NBC reports he was involved a collision in CA today with significant injuries. A broken leg among them. Looking like no Masters for him again this year. Poor guy can't catch a lucky break.

Nucky 02-23-2021 03:12 PM

It was nice seeing him out on the course with his son a few weeks back. While I agree that I'm sorry to see anyone get in an accident I'm going to withhold the Poor Tiger Part until the details emerge. Sorry but that's the way it works in my little world. I certainly hope he is going to be okay.

DeanFL 02-23-2021 03:21 PM

I'll hold judgement to "poor Tiger", until the details come out. Appears to be a single-car accident, and a very bad one destroying the SUV -seems to be a Genesis SUV, the promoter/sponsor of the last tourney in CA ending Sunday. Truly hope that it was 'one of those things' and not aggresive driving (or worse). It WAS so touching seeing him with his talented son, and was hoping for his return to the tourney et al. But alas, can only hope he recovers well with no serious impact to him.

DARFAP 02-23-2021 03:31 PM

Like his accident in Florida, probably involved painkillers and driving. He looked a bit sauced during his interview on TV at Riviera this past weekend. Pure speculation.

John_W 02-23-2021 03:41 PM

According to Golf Digest:

According to a statement from the L.A. County Sherriff's Department, police responded to a “roll-over traffic collision” at approximately 7:12 a.m. “The driver and sole occupant was identified as PGA golfer, Eldrick ‘Tiger’ Woods. Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the ‘jaws of life’ by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries.”

Woods, 45, was in California for a two-day content shoot with Golf Digest/GOLFTV after serving as host for the PGA Tour's Genesis Invitational over the weekend. Pictures surfaced on social media of Woods smiling with Dwayne Wade and David Spade at Rolling Hills Country Club on Monday, but with his movement still restricted, he did not hit balls or play any holes. The shoot involved Woods giving on-course lessons to a number of celebrities, but he mostly provided instruction and hit a few putts. He was in good spirits on Monday but did not arrive to the course for the second day of shooting because of the accident.

Velvet 02-23-2021 04:12 PM

Didn’t he hit a fire hydrant before? Maybe he should have a driver, classy guy that he is.

mike234 02-23-2021 04:36 PM

if I was tiger I would use the following phrase "I don't remember anything".

CWGUY 02-23-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1906775)
Didn’t he hit a fire hydrant before? Maybe he should have a driver, classy guy that he is.

:icon_wink: I'm sure he has lots of drivers......

John_W 02-23-2021 05:33 PM

Looks like he's in the right rough

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserv...2C2502%2C0%2C0

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uplo...1&h=383&crop=1

Topspinmo 02-23-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1906775)

Looks like Mr. Woods can’t keep it out of the ruff. Yes, he probably needs driver, or vehicle that will stay between the lines if he can’t? On positive note at 7AM maybe the sun glare got him? If anybody ever popped round corner or topped hill and the sun straight in front of you you know what I mean?

walterray1 02-23-2021 08:25 PM

My response was to a specific reply. It did not come up that way. Better yet it applies to most of the posts on this topic. Pathetic at best.

Kenswing 02-23-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterray1 (Post 1906859)
My response was to a specific reply. It did not come up that way. Better yet it applies to most of the posts on this topic. Pathetic at best.

Click on the "Quote post" or "Reply with Quote" button so we know who you're replying to. :coolsmiley:

Taltarzac725 02-23-2021 08:47 PM

Sad to hear that. I will wait for more details to come out.

Buckeyephan 02-23-2021 09:05 PM

My in-laws used to live in Rolling Hills Estates many years ago. Hawthorne Blvd is extremely steep and winds a lot. They said there were cars that couldn’t make it up the incline and they wore out brakes coming down the road. It requires paying attention at all times. Driving on a strange road with an unfamiliar car makes things even more of a challenge. Wishing him all the best for a complete recovery.

stanley 02-23-2021 09:07 PM

Nothing to see here......move along......