Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   mRNA Vaccines Are NOT Gene Therapy (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/mrna-vaccines-not-gene-therapy-317863/)

coffeebean 03-25-2021 01:13 PM

mRNA Vaccines Are NOT Gene Therapy

I have read on this forum countless times (specifically from one poster) that the mRNA vaccines are not vaccines. If I recall correctly, there is intimation that these vaccines are actually gene therapy. Seems these vaccines are referred to as "vaccines" everywhere with the exception of the poster on this forum.

Here is an article that debukes that the mRNA vaccines are gene therapy. I apologize if you don't think the source I used is reliable. I did look up the bias rating on Forbes and they are middle of the road so really no bias there...............

Covid-19 mRNA Vaccines Are Not ‘Gene Therapy,’ As Some Are Claiming

golfing eagles 03-25-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1920917)
I have read on this forum countless times (specifically from one poster) that the mRNA vaccines are not vaccines. If I recall correctly, there is intimation that these vaccines are actually gene therapy. Seems these vaccines are referred to as "vaccines" everywhere with the exception of the poster on this forum.

Here is an article that debukes that the mRNA vaccines are gene therapy. I apologize if you don't think the source I used is reliable. I did look up the bias rating on Forbes and they are middle of the road so really no bias there...............

I doubt you'll convince that poster

coffeebean 03-25-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1920946)
I doubt you'll convince that poster

I know. He/she seems hell bent on getting his/her word out.

What are your thoughts about this article? Gene therapy or not?

golfing eagles 03-25-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1921009)

I'll say NOT gene therapy since it does not alter genes

Aces4 03-25-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1921018)
I'll say NOT gene therapy since it does not alter genes

I have no opinion one way or the other regarding the vaccine being gene therapy, I haven’t researched it.

I am surprised, though, that a gal I know had developed a skin condition called “stucco” a few years ago and was lamenting she wouldn’t be wearing shorts this summer because of it. A week after the vaccine shot, the stucco disappeared from her legs and arms. It’s completely gone and she is thrilled. Nothing else in her life had been done differently. Any theories from the medical pros here?

chet2020 03-25-2021 11:15 PM

A joke apparently circulating around the Russian Internet. "If you think mRNA changes your DNA, here's your chance."

Cobullymom 03-26-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

As are you...those in glass houses...

La lamy 03-26-2021 05:32 AM

Quote:

My thought about this article is "It's got a paywall!" :(

allsport 03-26-2021 05:46 AM

Every time I read the nonsense about the vaccines that is not true, I am reminded that the posters are the ones that took a nap in science class.

crash 03-26-2021 05:58 AM

Quote:

The vaccines have no DNA and do not affect our DNA in anyway so not gene therapy.

The definition of vaccine is something when administered produces an immune response that prevents a disease. Those of us who have had COVID know it is a disease and no one who has had the vaccine has been hospitalized or died so if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck.

golfing eagles 03-26-2021 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash (Post 1921084)
The vaccines have no DNA and do not affect our DNA in anyway so not gene therapy.

The definition of vaccine is something when administered produces an immune response that prevents a disease. Those of us who have had COVID know it is a disease and no one who has had the vaccine has been hospitalized or died so if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck.

And yet there will still be people who insist it's an elephant:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

GeriS 03-26-2021 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1920917)

Look at who wrote the article & his credentials. He is not a doctor & there are many doctors who disagree.

GeriS 03-26-2021 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash (Post 1921084)

Then why is there pig dna in it?

golfing eagles 03-26-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeriS (Post 1921098)
Look at who wrote the article & his credentials. He is not a doctor & there are many doctors who disagree.

Are you saying that there are "doctors" who believe the mRNA VACCINES are "gene therapy"????? Please name them so I can refer them to a good psychiatrist.

gene therapy
[jēn ˈTHerəpē]
NOUN
the transplantation of normal genes into cells in place of missing or defective ones in order to correct genetic disorders.

Altavia 03-26-2021 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces4 (Post 1921052)
I have no opinion one way or the other regarding the vaccine being gene therapy, I haven’t researched it.

I am surprised, though, that a gal I know had developed a skin condition called “stucco” a few years ago and was lamenting she wouldn’t be wearing shorts this summer because of it. A week after the vaccine shot, the stucco disappeared from her legs and arms. It’s completely gone and she is thrilled. Nothing else in her life had been done differently. Any theories from the medical pros here?

Maybe because it woke up her immune system?

Saw a study reporting a trend for 40-50% of long haulers reporting improvement after vaccination.