Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Golf Group Start-Up (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/golf-group-start-up-318212/)

grayesun 04-02-2021 11:52 AM

Golf Group Start-Up

We're looking to initiate a CO-ED golf group, starting with basics (listed below) and working out the details that best fits folks schedules and interests.

1) Playing one or two rounds a week. One round on a Championship course, possible 2nd round TBD (Exec or Champ).
2) Playing Late Afternoon...when UV drops. Summertime after 5PM.
3) Good Golf Etiquette, Good Pace of Play.
4) Casual Fun Golf.
5) Mostly playing North of 466A.
6) Year round play? (Twilight in summer months).
7) Group Size (TBD). A set/committed number of pairs to create at least 2 or 3 foursomes would be ideal. Several "alternate pair" teams for filling in?

Hope to get started up by June!

Polar Bear 04-02-2021 06:06 PM

Sounds interesting. But I'm not 100% clear on how you mean CO-ED? Couples only? Open to singles either male or female? Something else possibly? :)

villagetinker 04-02-2021 07:09 PM

I would be interested, but I have no intention of attempting to play on a championship course, I am just starting to golf. Mty wife would probably also be interested in an exec course only group.

grayesun 04-02-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1925395)
Sounds interesting. But I'm not 100% clear on how you mean CO-ED? Couples only? Open to singles either male or female? Something else possibly? :)

CO-ED is a starting point for us (wife and I) to play in a group of other couples. We're just trying to avoid a "bunch of guys" playing. As long as we get a number of M's & F's to sign up, group plan will work for us. Let's see what kind of response develops in the coming days. Thanks for the question.

grayesun 04-02-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1925419)
I would be interested, but I have no intention of attempting to play on a championship course, I am just starting to golf. Mty wife would probably also be interested in an exec course only group.

Thanks for response, get in your Exec Course practice, then keep us in mind. Don't be intimidated by Championship courses, I actually think they're easier to play...more roomy and forgiving. If you can play "Execs" good, you'll do fine on the big courses.

FutureProvesPast 04-03-2021 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayesun (Post 1925265)
We're looking to initiate a CO-ED golf group, starting with basics (listed below) and working out the details that best fits folks schedules and interests.

1) Playing one or two rounds a week. One round on a Championship course, possible 2nd round TBD (Exec or Champ).
4) Casual Fun Golf.
7) Group Size (TBD). A set/committed number of pairs to create at least 2 or 3 foursomes would be ideal. Several "alternate pair" teams for filling in?

We are interested. After 5 would be perfect.

Bengals1966 04-03-2021 06:34 AM

Golf Group

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayesun (Post 1925265)

4) Casual Fun Golf.

We would be interested.

newlife1 04-03-2021 06:38 AM

We are interested in executive course... with maybe a stop off for refreshments after! Social thing!

Snprentice 04-03-2021 07:25 AM

Are you talking about playing 9 or 18 in championship course?

retfc2@yahoo.com 04-03-2021 07:26 AM

Co-Ed

My wife and I would be interested. retfc2@yahoo.com

MoeJoe46307 04-03-2021 07:43 AM

Golf

Hubby & I are interested in championship play. Our availability will depend on the day you select.

Zenith 04-03-2021 08:11 AM

Co ed golf

Wife and I are interested if you can accommodate snowbirds

Lpaine09 04-03-2021 08:14 AM

New golf start up

I would be interested
lpaine09@gmail.com
Linda Paine

MaryShields 04-03-2021 08:57 AM

My husband and I would definitely be interested in playing exec courses in the afternoon. 3pm or so. 5 gets into the dinner hour.

MaryShields 04-03-2021 09:00 AM

My husband and I would love to play executive courses later in the afternoon around 2-3. 5 gets into our dinner hour.
Mary & Pete