Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   House Capacity? and barking dog's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/house-capacity-barking-dogs-318595/)

chipd331 04-13-2021 07:53 AM

House Capacity? and barking dog's

I have two questions
Is there a limit to how many adults can live in a home? in the Villages.
Are there any rules about barking dogs 6 hours a day non stop
both from the same house?
thank you

dewilson58 04-13-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipd331 (Post 1929503)
I have two questions
thank you

Look at your Restrictive Covenants.

retiredguy123 04-13-2021 08:05 AM

I don't think The Villages has a rule about the number of adults. They do have a rule about noise, but it only requires that noise be kept to a "moderate" level after 10 PM. I would suggest contacting the county about what laws they may have in your county.

vintageogauge 04-13-2021 08:38 AM

I doubt there is any maximum to the number of adults in a home however if you pay property taxes to Wildwood call their police department about a dog nuisance, they may be able to help, if you don't pay Wildwood taxes call the county and see if they have any laws regarding barking dogs.

JohnN 04-13-2021 08:40 AM

talk to the neighbors, if that doesn't work or you're uneasy about that, call the cops

stan the man 04-13-2021 09:09 AM

Sorry no more anonymous complaints, Please leave your name address, and phone number so the Accused can face you face-to-face. Sorry no help from the community watch they are only authorized to drive around and do nothing. It's called a "SRO". But is probably not a business being run from the home. Maybe a section 8. Maybe soon a trailer will show up with the rest of the clan, and more dogs.

vintageogauge 04-13-2021 10:34 AM

Anonymous calls are still accepted in many of the districts as they should be, by not accepting anonymous complaints rifts will be caused with neighbors or even entire neighborhoods. I personally approached a chronic dog off leash rule breaker and explained what she was doing wrong, the nice lady called me a MF and told me I was harassing her then she sent her husband down to my house to "speak to me", nice lady. That didn't bother me but there are a lot of people who would be bothered by someone as nasty as she. There are a lot of crazy people that don't give a crap about anything or anybody and those are the ones you eventually read about on some on-line local news outlet.

Debra Freeman 04-14-2021 05:11 AM

By law, six people can live in a three-bedroom house in Florida. This number can be more or less depending on the actual living space. In 1996, the U.S. Congress approved a two-person-per-bedroom law as a housing occupancy standard, but this law is flexible.

Petersweeney 04-14-2021 05:36 AM

Why do I get up in the morning and want to look at these “topics of the day” it’s kinda like a car crash.... hope I’m not slowing the internet down. :)

Skunky1 04-14-2021 05:47 AM

Always keep a watchful eye. Know who your neighbors are. Too many people in the house and dogs barking continuously could possibly indicate illegal activity that would need to be reported. See something say something.

janetgolf2win 04-14-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipd331 (Post 1929503)
I have two questions
thank you

Yes! There are to be only 2 animals per house.

Marine1974 04-14-2021 06:37 AM

Yes there is a limit to the capacity of adults living in one house and there should be one .

bethk 04-14-2021 06:47 AM

Chipd331....I just sent you a 'private message'.

vintageogauge 04-14-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janetgolf2win (Post 1929787)

New home owners with 3 or 4 dogs are accepted every day

Carlsondm 04-14-2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janetgolf2win (Post 1929787)

Check deed restrictions.