Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   PET DIRECTORY (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pet-directory-231/)
-   -   Cat Groomer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pet-directory-231/cat-groomer-318606/)

giorgio1948 04-13-2021 11:24 AM

Cat Groomer

Any recommendations for cat groomers near TV?
Thank you

graciegirl 04-13-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giorgio1948 (Post 1929610)
Thank you

I have had cats all of my life. I have never heard of a cat groomer. I didn't really think many would allow it. If you adopt a long haired cat, you really have a challenge if they get all clumpy.

Two Bills 04-13-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1929656)
I have had cats all of my life. I have never heard of a cat groomer. I didn't really think many would allow it. If you adopt a long haired cat, you really have a challenge if they get all clumpy.

If there are any out there, must be one of the most dangerous jobs in the world!

JSR22 04-13-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Thank you

There are groomers at Woofgang Bakery in Brownwood who groom cats.

laryb 04-13-2021 02:47 PM

Lady Lake Professional Grooming on RT 441 grooms our cat

villagetinker 04-13-2021 06:15 PM

We made the mistake of having our long haired cat 'groomed'......she was really annoyed for 4 weeks or more. Never again, I carefully comb a couple of times a month, and she is much happier.

Two Bills 04-14-2021 03:38 AM

You learn something new every day.
I never realised there were cat groomers.
We have never had a cat that was not fastidious in keeping itself groomed or needed help in doing so.
We have had long hairs that over time had fur balling along stomach, but removing them was a vet job under anaesthetic.
No way were any of them going to let you remove them!

Debra Freeman 04-14-2021 05:04 AM

Wolfgang Bakery and groomer. Ask fir Rebecca. She is a Master Groomer

b0bd0herty 04-14-2021 05:06 AM

Quote:

Thank you

You can actually do it yourself following these steps!
How To Bathe A Cat
1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.
2. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for anything they can find.
4. The cat will self-agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from your toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "powerwash" and "rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.
Your cat is now groomed!

PS: This is a joke. Do not do this to an actual cat or any other animal. :)

noslices1 04-14-2021 05:46 AM

My cats

Quote:

Thank you

My cats groom themselves. Saves me a ton of money..

Tam G 04-14-2021 06:08 AM

Just Dandy Pet Parlour at 201 W. Miller St. in Fruitland Pk does a great job. My cat’s going back there in Friday

Carlsondm 04-14-2021 06:54 AM

Cat groomers

Quote:

Thank you

We adopted three unrelated kittens during the pandemic, and two will need grooming. One is growing into a large, skittish ragdoll so I sought groomers the minute I found out.

I have had some grooming done at Sumter County Animal Hospital and at Brick City Cat Hospital in Ocala. Sumter allows you to stay with your pet during grooming if you wear a mask. They both suggested I check out mobile groomers who come to the house if you have an anxious cat. PetSmart also does grooming. Wolfgang has been mentioned, but I have not tried them yet.

P. S. If you try the toilet bowl wash technique on a 15 to 20 pound fuzz ball the lid will likely come open. They really know how to throw weight around. I prefer the washcloth technique - after nails are clipped.

JMintzer 04-14-2021 07:49 AM

I've heard of "Cat Herders", but never "Cat Groomers"...

EDS, an HP Company 'Cat Herders' - YouTube

Joe C. 04-14-2021 08:14 AM

Your local Chinese restaurant?:1rotfl:

stebooo 04-14-2021 09:20 AM

Don't they do that to themselves?