Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Championship Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/)
-   -   Championship golf rates (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/championship-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-473/championship-golf-rates-318636/)

DaleDivine 04-14-2021 08:56 AM

Championship golf rates

Have the summer (2021) golf rates been posted yet? :):)

dewilson58 04-14-2021 09:03 AM

Golf The Villages

rustyp 04-14-2021 09:06 AM

The answer is no.

tophcfa 04-14-2021 09:17 AM

They didn’t post the winter rates until a couple of weeks before they became effective. Based on that, don’t expect to see the off season rates for about another month since this year for the first time the winter rates run all the way through May.

forebubba 04-15-2021 07:41 AM

Will not pay winter rates in May

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1929955)
They didn’t post the winter rates until a couple of weeks before they became effective. Based on that, don’t expect to see the off season rates for about another month since this year for the first time the winter rates run all the way through May.

I will not play the championship courses in May even though I am a priority member.
They shortened the summer by 2 weeks in October then they combined fall and summer into one season. $64 for a resident is a bit much for around here especially when aeriation season begins.
If enough people say no to this price increase maybe they will get the message otherwise winter rates may start in November

JSR22 04-15-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forebubba (Post 1930322)
I will not play the championship courses in May even though I am a priority member.
They shortened the summer by 2 weeks in October then they combined fall and summer into one season. $64 for a resident is a bit much for around here especially when aeriation season begins.
If enough people say no to this price increase maybe they will get the message otherwise winter rates may start in November

My husband plays the Championship courses 3 times a week year round. He is a priority member. The winter rate is $47 which he thinks is fine He has not played Havana in several months because of the bad shape the course has been. He is satisfied with the other courses.

stanley 04-15-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

$64 for a resident is a bit much for around here especially when aeriation season begins.

There is no aerification "season"...there are aerification days but no season. Besides that's a necessary part of course maintenance.

eyc234 04-15-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1930353)
There is no aerification "season"...there are aerification days but no season. Besides that's a necessary part of course maintenance.

They also list the approximate dates of aerification and sanding. Just have to look to see and do not play the course for a few days after work is done.

eyc234 04-15-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

If you are a priority member why are you paying $64, the most costly course with a priority membership is $47.

stanley 04-15-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyc234 (Post 1930358)
They also list the approximate dates of aerification and sanding. Just have to look to see and do not play the course for a few days after work is done.

Yep.....and here's the schedule...........not too hard to find

https://www.golfthevillages.com/turf...20Schedule.pdf

alwann 04-15-2021 01:14 PM

Course conditions

Hey, people. Played Glenview today. In excellent condition. And, guess what. The water jugs are back on the course and the fountains are open. Wow. Maybe I was in a time warp. That or normal is returning.

stanley 04-15-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1930464)
Hey, people. Played Glenview today. In excellent condition. And, guess what. The water jugs are back on the course and the fountains are open. Wow. Maybe I was in a time warp. That or normal is returning.

It's been that way since the first of the month. There are a lot of fountains and not enough plumbers, so some fountains were turned on later

alwann 04-15-2021 03:02 PM

First of the month huh? Well, maybe not everywhere. Played Bonifay Tuesday. No water jugs there. And the fountains were never turned off, just covered in plastic wrap, or something. No plumber needed.

stanley 04-15-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1930506)
First of the month huh? Well, maybe not everywhere. Played Bonifay Tuesday. No water jugs there. And the fountains were never turned off, just covered in plastic wrap, or something. No plumber needed.

What can I tell you? Palmer must be a different beast. Don't take it personal.

Fredman 04-15-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyc234 (Post 1930367)
If you are a priority member why are you paying $64, the most costly course with a priority membership is $47.

He is not a priority member he is a resident