Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Realtors, Mortgage & Property Management Companies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/)
-   -   Need someone to check on my house once a week. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/need-someone-check-my-house-once-week-318730/)

wamley 04-17-2021 11:15 AM

Need someone to check on my house once a week.

Need someone to check on my house once a week while we're not here(Snowbirds). Had someone, but he has a health issue that came up and is unable to do it any longer. Some phone pictures of the lawn, hedges and surrounding lawn for me to know the work is being performed. Check inside of house for bugs (Masseyhas been doing good job never had a problem. Most importantly check that AC is working and temp is as set on thermostat.

60North 04-17-2021 11:27 AM

Berardi’s home watch Dominic Berardi. Best ever. Been using on 2 homes over 5 years. berardishomewatch@gmail.com
(727) 967-2125

retiredguy123 04-17-2021 11:55 AM

You could buy a couple of WIFI cameras. Put a few outside and another one inside and focused on the thermostat. Wyze is a good brand and very inexpensive on Amazon.

mrfixit 04-17-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1931328)
You could buy a couple of WIFI cameras. Put a few outside and another one inside and focused on the thermostat. Wyze is a good brand and very inexpensive on Amazon.

...But don't forget......
if you have a WATER LEAK.... you need
to report it to your insurance within 14days.....

...or a busted window etc....same deal.

You must mitigate your loss in timely manner...

Weekly house checks ...in and out...solve the time
requirement.

Villageswimmer 04-18-2021 09:10 AM

Does anyone know whether house watchers should have Worker’s Comp insurance to protect the homeowner from liability should they be injured on the premises?

PugMom 04-18-2021 09:19 AM

where do you live? maybe one of us nearby you could pop over & check things

Malsua 04-19-2021 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixit (Post 1931415)
...But don't forget......
if you have a WATER LEAK.... you need
to report it to your insurance within 14days.....

...or a busted window etc....same deal.

You must mitigate your loss in timely manner...

Weekly house checks ...in and out...solve the time
requirement.

Water leak is solved with a Flume. It will alert you to leaks in 2 hours. It also catches running toilets and you monitor water use during irrigation to see if you've got a busted head or a stuck valve. $200 on Amazon, great device and works great with the phone too.