Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Xfinity/Comcast has increased speeds (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/xfinity-comcast-has-increased-speeds-319130/)

champion6 04-30-2021 07:32 AM

Xfinity/Comcast has increased speeds

I have the Performance Starter package. I received and email saying,

"We're excited to share that we're increasing your download speeds from 25 Mbps to up to 50 Mbps. Faster download speeds help to give you a better experience as you work, learn, and stream from home.

There will be no additional charge for this speed upgrade. You should notice these speeds within the next month. Or, if you want to take advantage of these new speeds today, just restart your modem. It’s that easy!"

After rebooting the modem that I own, I have gone from 25-30 Mbps download to 50-55 Mbps. :MOJE_whot::a040::MOJE_whot:

Looking at the Xfinity website, it appears that most packages have been upgraded. Your mileage may vary.

GrumpyOldMan 04-30-2021 07:35 AM

That is good news! Congrats, I am sure you will enjoy it.

logdog 05-02-2021 04:32 PM

I rebooted and went from 25-30 down to under 15. Spent all afternoon troubleshooting and got nowhere. Then 30 minutes scheduling a Comcast tech visit for a week from now. Thanks again Comcast...

Nucky 05-02-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 1938582)
I rebooted and went from 25-30 down to under 15. Spent all afternoon troubleshooting and got nowhere. Then 30 minutes scheduling a Comcast tech visit for a week from now. Thanks again Comcast...

I really feel bad for you.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that they change your Modem to the new white one. It's like greased lightning.

It's either the new modem or the fact that hardly any neighbors are around now. They all split within the last month. Anyway, I have no issues as of this minute. Hopefully, they will get you straightened out. Best of luck. Many of us know how rough it can be to deal with them. :pray:

logdog 05-03-2021 04:20 PM

I have my own modem. Comcast told me it was a leaky line (noise interference) so I needed a tech visit. I just can't understand why it takes so long to schedule a date and time. This is supposed to be a tech company... right?

oldtimes 05-03-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 1939090)
I have my own modem. Comcast told me it was a leaky line (noise interference) so I needed a tech visit. I just can't understand why it takes so long to schedule a date and time. This is supposed to be a tech company... right?

This happened to me and what I found was that I had an older (3 years old) laptop that only had a 10/100 MBPS ethernet card. I broke down and ordered a new one that had a 10/100/1000 MBPS ethernet card and the speed was amazing.

Boilerman 05-03-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1937370)
I have the Performance Starter package. I received and email saying,

"We're excited to share that we're increasing your download speeds from 25 Mbps to up to 50 Mbps. Faster download speeds help to give you a better experience as you work, learn, and stream from home.

There will be no additional charge for this speed upgrade. You should notice these speeds within the next month. Or, if you want to take advantage of these new speeds today, just restart your modem. It’s that easy!"

After rebooting the modem that I own, I have gone from 25-30 Mbps download to 50-55 Mbps. :MOJE_whot::a040::MOJE_whot:

Looking at the Xfinity website, it appears that most packages have been upgraded. Your mileage may vary.

Same here. Rebooted and saw my speed go from 25 to 60 Mbps

Mortal1 05-03-2021 06:58 PM

"up to" is the key phrase. It can be way lower...or higher.

bobeaston 05-03-2021 07:22 PM

Uuuuugh! Is this what I have to look forward to when moving to The Villages? What kind of antiquated technology is Xfinity/Comcast using? My current internet service operates at 190-200 Mbps. I can't imagine going back to 50 Mbps.

kathyspear 05-03-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeaston (Post 1939156)
Uuuuugh! Is this what I have to look forward to when moving to The Villages? What kind of antiquated technology is Xfinity/Comcast using? My current internet service operates at 190-200 Mbps. I can't imagine going back to 50 Mbps.

You get what you are willing to pay for. We have 400, I think. Some people on here claim it isn't necessary to pay for anything over 25 or 50 but ... well ... let's just say we disagree. Comcast is a pain in the @** to deal with as far as customer service goes but the service itself works great.

k.