Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Covid 19 Vaccine ID Card (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/covid-19-vaccine-id-card-319146/)

gatorbill1 04-30-2021 02:00 PM

Covid 19 Vaccine ID Card

How will cruise lines be able to come back to Florida if we don't allow ID proof of vaccine? All cruise lines will require proof, which we in Florida are not allowed to have if they become available.

Mortal1 04-30-2021 02:23 PM

Please provide the source of your information....

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1937566)
How will cruise lines be able to come back to Florida if we don't allow ID proof of vaccine? All cruise lines will require proof, which we in Florida are not allowed to have if they become available.

as there is no way to tell if you are correct in your assumption...ya see there's no way to tell if you even understand what you've heard or read. :-)

SIRE1 04-30-2021 02:34 PM

Didn't you get a card or slip of paper with the date and type of vaccine you received when you got your shot(s)? Everyone that I know who went through Publix got that card. I've saved mine, including taking a photo of it on my phone. Some people have even said they had theirs laminated.

Byte1 04-30-2021 04:07 PM

My understanding is that once you leave on a cruise, you can't come back (alive)..........:clap2: :D :loco: :1rotfl:

asianthree 04-30-2021 04:08 PM

If you can’t find your card you can download a blank one

gatorbill1 04-30-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIRE1 (Post 1937582)
Didn't you get a card or slip of paper with the date and type of vaccine you received when you got your shot(s)? Everyone that I know who went through Publix got that card. I've saved mine, including taking a photo of it on my phone. Some people have even said they had theirs laminated.

I have both laminated card and downloaded on computer and phone. New law says a business cannot ask you to prove you are vaccinated though

graciegirl 04-30-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1937622)
If you can’t find your card you can download a blank one

Pardon me, but I remember that you said you weren't going to get the vaccine.

We did. We have the record of both of our shots.

GrumpyOldMan 04-30-2021 05:25 PM

I have no idea what you are on about. I have my vaccine card given to me at the time I was vaccinated.

asianthree 04-30-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1937643)
Pardon me, but I remember that you said you weren't going to get the vaccine.

We did. We have the record of both of our shots.

Notice when you read a post, read what was posted.

Quote “ if you can’t find your card you can download a blank one”

No reference to if one was vaccinated. Just a statement that you can download a blank card

A 5 year old and a good scanner can accomplish a white card in 5 minutes

graciegirl 04-30-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1937680)
Notice when you read a post, what was posted.

No reference to if one was vaccinated.

I did read it. I remember that you said you had allergic reactions to vaccines.

It just sounded a little tiny bitty bit anti-vaxxy to say download a blank one. I must have got it wrong.

asianthree 04-30-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1937684)
I did read it. I remember that you said you had allergic reactions to vaccines.

It just sounded a little tiny bitty bit anti-vaxxy to say download a blank one. I must have got it wrong.

Anti vaxxy, used in reference to those who think others are wrong in their beliefs, their medical issues, or advice from their personal physicians. Those who use Anti Vax are the ones who stayed at home, those who you are speaking of are still taking risks, in Covid units, and for that I am greatly in debt to them.

I didn’t stay in my house like many for the last year, I worked exposed everyday, Never in fear. Remember essential workers had to be there so everyone else could stay safe in their homes.

White card have no reference to being a legal document, and yes they are on the net

JoMar 04-30-2021 09:14 PM

The question will be what will the cruise lines accept as proof.

Becca9800 04-30-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatorbill1 (Post 1937566)

It's going to be a battle.

Given the CDC just revised the rules allowing cruise ships to sail only if 98% of staff and 95% of passengers are immunized

V.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis who signed an executive order Friday banning the use of Covid-19 passports in the state.

The order prohibits any government entity from issuing vaccine passports and blocks businesses from requiring any such documentation.

Because of the $$ at stake, I'm betting they'll work it out.

coffeebean 04-30-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

No reference to if one was vaccinated. Just a statement that you can download a blank card

Which is all the more reason we Florida residents need to be able to have some sort of digital vaccine proof. DeSantis is wrong to have banned that possibility for Florida residents with his executive order banning vaccine passports for Florida residents.

I understand his order is to ban Florida businesses from mandating vaccine proof (other than the CDC cards we received at time of vaccination which can easily be forged) but we still need some kind of proof so we can travel Internationally. We also need some kind of proof to be able to cruise. A digital passport is a great idea for these purposes.

gettingby 05-01-2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

I can get a masters degree with fake documents but that doesn’t make me any smarter. Some people just have problems living in a free state.