Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Executive Golf Tee Times (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/executive-golf-tee-times-319173/)

rsalisbu 05-01-2021 01:14 PM

Executive Golf Tee Times

In my humble opinion, Tee times should be used as a tool so that players can enjoy a round of golf in a reasonable time. If you constantly send foursomes out 20 to 25 minutes early of their posted Tee time, you end up with 3 foursomes waiting on every tee. Now, I know I will hear "what if someone is late, better to make everyone show up a half hour early!
The easy solution to that problem is if you show up late and miss your posted Tee time, you don't play! Do that once, and I guarantee next time you will be on time."The needs of the many outweigh the inconsideration of the few".
I hope others who feel as I do will highlight this suggestion in our yearly villager survay.:icon_wink:

I'm Popeye! 05-01-2021 01:51 PM

I do believe they ask for everyone to check in 20 minutes before their actual tee time.

thelegges 05-01-2021 02:07 PM

It’s 20 minutes before tee time, why would 30 minutes be a improvement

dewilson58 05-01-2021 02:37 PM

:what:

Bogie Shooter 05-01-2021 03:08 PM

Is the annual survey returning??

Mortal1 05-01-2021 03:50 PM

The rule is "if you miss your tee time you don't get to play"...now if there is a 4 some playing who can barely see, barely walk, hit if 40yds most of the time and play from the black tees IT IS GOING TO APPEAR to back up. If the group is keeping up with group ahead, but the 2nd and 3rd group behind them play quicker then you will get 3 groups backed up and it's NO ONES fault.

Now if you tee people off 15/20 minutes early, but keep the 9 minute gap then it's no ones fault. If you tee off 15 minutes early and one of your crew it's late, but the starter still lets your group go then it's the starters fault as they are not supposed to let folks tee off before their assigned time....the group does not have to tee off before it's assigned tee time....no matter what the starter says. Call the golf shop if you don't believe me. I used to work as an ambassador here.

Still there are groups that like to go early and sometimes you get behind them and can hardly keep up.

Likelier cause of back ups...not playing from the correct distance and your excuses can be: I like the challenge(but never reach a green in one on par 3's.....I like to use my driver(but still come up short of the green)...MULLIGANS: people here seem to think it's some sort of rule...it's not(doesn't even appear in the USGA'S RULE book)and they do it on almost every tee(one person I was playing with claimed they'd hit till it was a good one-REALLY?).

Exec etiquette : if the group ahead is leaving for the next tee then the first person of the group behind them should have the first person ready to go. Leave the chit-chat for waiting on the tee or the bar. If there is a group behind(getting off the previous green)
you and you don't lose the first ball, but it's horrid then let everyone else tee off. Then bring your ball to the shortest drive and play from there. If you chip then putt bring both clubs with you onto the green and place the wedge between the pin and your cart. When finished with the hole put your club(s) away and go to the next tee. That is where you put your score down. Don't park your cart short of the green. Try to park it pin high at all times. When you go into a bunker bring the rake with you then you won't go back and forth in the bunker except on your way out while raking....properly please.

This is READY GOLF....that means to hit when ready if it won't endanger another player or interfere with their play, but it also means that be READY TO PLAY when it's your turn.

Lastly *whew* it's exec golf if it bunches up and caused by replaced hips/knees/shoulders(see slow moving)then let it slide. Some people can not walk very well or fast anymore. If they're obviously clueless the ambassador isn't doing their job as then can make them skip a hole or two...they'll either ask why or know why. They'll sometimes call and complain, but they obviously didn't take good golf school or read the pamphlet. At the bottom most rung of golfing ladder are those who just don't care what you or anyone think or say....they'll just do whatever they like *shrug*. They're few and far between thank God.

trueorange 05-01-2021 04:12 PM

The groups I play with usually check in 20 minutes early. Often we are directed to go ahead and tee off early. I never know if there were no-shows ahead of us on the schedule or if everyone else was early, too. We often have to wait on subsequent tees and/or have people pushing us from behind. Should we start insisting on teeing off at the scheduled time?

Papa_lecki 05-01-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueorange (Post 1938106)
The groups I play with usually check in 20 minutes early. Often we are directed to go ahead and tee off early. I never know if there were no-shows ahead of us on the schedule or if everyone else was early, too. We often have to wait on subsequent tees and/or have people pushing us from behind. Should we start insisting on teeing off at the scheduled time?

As long as you leave the 8 minutes between the tee times, you should be okay, even if you go out early.
The problems with slow play above are the reason.
Also, I played with a guy walking who needed both knees replaced, that was a slow round.

billethkid 05-01-2021 04:57 PM

How about when teeing off on time and having to wait for someone in front of your foursome (which is by the way most of the time on executive courses)!

I don't think winding up having to wait for groups ahead is attributable to teeing off early.

bagboy 05-01-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1938078)
:what:

I totally agree .

Laker14 05-01-2021 08:14 PM

I prefer to take a few deep breaths, and be happy I am still on the sunny side of the divot. Nine holes of executive golf, on a slow day is seldom more than 1:45. We can always find something to chat about. To quote Aaron Rodgers, who was quoting someone else,
R-E-L-A-Xssssssss..........reeelaxxssss........

jedalton 05-02-2021 05:07 AM

option

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueorange (Post 1938106)

as an executive starter I always give the option of teeing off early or waiting for your tee time. 99.9% want to tee off early.

Rwirish 05-02-2021 05:08 AM

Is the annual survey returning?

Tee times run fine IMO. No changes needed.

jedalton 05-02-2021 05:09 AM

absolutely correct

noslices1 05-02-2021 05:50 AM

In one of my groups, there is one person who habitually shows up while we are on the tee box. We tell the starter that we will tee off and if this person shows up, he can catch up to us, but he almost always shows up at the last minute.