Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What do you do when you get someone else's Amazon order? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-do-you-do-when-you-get-someone-elses-amazon-order-319212/)

Northerner52 05-02-2021 07:47 PM

What do you do when you get someone else's Amazon order?

Amazon said my order was in my locker! It's not. Must have been put in another. Last time this happed I never received the order. Do you keep it? Take time to bring it to the Post Office. Wait for the mail carrier at your mailing station?
UPDATE: I printed and put in my mailbox a printout of the tracking delivery and Tuesday the package was in my locker.

MrPelota 05-02-2021 07:57 PM

Since I have been on this side of it, I know the frustration. I always try to take it to the rightful owner who ends up being a neighbor most of the time.

You can also contact Amazon and they usually replace or investigate.

It’s frustrating for sure, but I would hope people do the right thing.

GrumpyOldMan 05-02-2021 09:18 PM

It's happened a couple of times to me in the past 18 months. I just take it over to the rightful owners.

MrFlorida 05-02-2021 09:30 PM

It would be dishonest to keep it. I would take it to the rightful owners.

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-02-2021 09:57 PM

I got a package after the postal worker left for the day, addressed to someone down the road who I'd never met. So I walked it over to her and introduced myself. It was a lovely experience, meeting more neighbors!

I've also received packages for the people who used to live in my house. I know where they live, so I just bring it to their house with a note to remind her to remind Amazon she doesn't live there anymore!

BRN_RI_FL 05-03-2021 04:10 AM

In our group of 133 villas there are a few houses with the exact same street number as another (not street, just the number). Someone a few streets over with the same street number as ours received one of our packages a while back and returned it to us. One or two other times when a package says delivered and it has not been, I check that guys porch. In the past I’ve rung his bell and when he hasn’t been home, I take our package that is outside his door.

MSchad 05-03-2021 04:11 AM

Have received others packages and taken to them. Others have brought mine that they received. But twice I have not had it brought to me when it was delivered to someone else. So easy to take the package to your neighbor. Maybe they opened and liked it, or embarrassed they did open it. At least Amazon will resend it if neighbor keeps it.

RICH1 05-03-2021 04:42 AM

I ordered a Bronze Statue from ETSY, waited over 45 days only to discover that the USPS delivery person put the odd-size PO key in the wrong box! I didn't experience the Warm & Fuzzy feeling ending that you all talk about...I always try to do the Right Thing in life.. I surely wouldn't want an Amazon/ETSY package keeping me from reaching my goal of meeting God...

JoelJohnson 05-03-2021 04:55 AM

There was a story on the news about a guy who found a bunch of Amazon packages. He called Amazon and they said to keep them! He contacted the police, but they didn't want them either and there were too many or too far away to deliver himself. After the story hit the news, the police took them, but never heard what happen to them after.

jedalton 05-03-2021 05:08 AM

Last 4 things I ordered, not from Amazon. said they had been delivered to my mailbox but I have not received them. Asked mail lady and she knows nothing about it?

La lamy 05-03-2021 05:23 AM

Always do the right thing. Hard to imagine getting pleasure out of something you haven't earned.

dewilson58 05-03-2021 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northerner52 (Post 1938632)
Amazon said my order was in my locker! It's not. Must have been put in another. Last time this happed I never received the order. Do you keep it? Take time to bring it to the Post Office. Wait for the mail carrier at your mailing station?

Put it bac in Ur locker and push it thru to the floor inside the facility.

Bridget Staunton 05-03-2021 06:27 AM

I would call Amazon, they are a great Company. If you find the mail carrier I would tell him/her

Hackercraft 05-03-2021 06:49 AM

Amazon has their own delivery vehicles

Down here in Monarch Grove Amazon delivers the larger packages in their own vehicles and then sends you a photo of it on your porch.
The only problem we have is the mail ladies putting packages in the mail slots that fit in the back but won’t come out the front.

Ladysilky51 05-03-2021 06:57 AM

What nice neighbors you all are. I received someone else’s package in my locker and immediately return it to our postal station. I was waiting for a delivery as well. It seems the postal worker put mine in someone else’s locker. And guess what, that person never had the decency to return mine. They kept it. And the best, the postal workers could do nothing about it! How awful that on both ends.