Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New restaurant coming to Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-restaurant-coming-brownwood-319246/)

champion6 05-03-2021 08:48 PM

New restaurant coming to Brownwood

From Daily Sun Facebook page:
"Future dining option in Brownwood! A new restaurant concept called Harvest is planned for this fall. Fred Karimipour, president and CEO of FMK Restaurant Group, leased the restaurant space across the street from FMK's Bluefin Grill & Bar. Harvest will feature a wine bar and fresh, healthy American cuisine menu, featuring produce from The Villages Grown, he said."

JerryLBell 05-04-2021 08:32 AM

I remember reading months ago that P.F. Change had optioned that location but then months went by with no action. I wonder if that deal fell through or if it was just and unfounded rumor in the first place. Either way, it'll be good to expand the dining options in Brownwood. And anywhere on S.R. 44 or into the new southern portions of The Villages, for that matter.

Two Bills 05-04-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1939179)
From Daily Sun Facebook page:
"Future dining option in Brownwood! A new restaurant concept called Harvest is planned for this fall. Fred Karimipour, president and CEO of FMK Restaurant Group, leased the restaurant space across the street from FMK's Bluefin Grill & Bar. Harvest will feature a wine bar and fresh, healthy American cuisine menu, featuring produce from The Villages Grown, he said."

Yay! A chemical grown food restaurant!:a040:

Garywt 05-04-2021 09:21 AM

So that spot that has been empty since built is going to be used. PF Chang’s backed out awhile ago.

Ben Franklin 05-05-2021 09:48 AM

Darn! I was hoping a good restaurant would have come to TV land. So disappointed.

JSR22 05-05-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Franklin (Post 1939929)
Darn! I was hoping a good restaurant would have come to TV land. So disappointed.

It is going to be a very nice upscale restaurant.

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-05-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1939379)
Yay! A chemical grown food restaurant!:a040:

You should do a little learning about hydroponics. It's pretty fascinating. Also you might want to brush up on your understanding of chemicals. Here's a mini lesson:

Every single living thing in existence on this and every other planet in the universe is made up of chemicals.

Your average organic banana = chemicals.
The 100% pure pine oil that you rub on your wooden furniture = chemicals.
The all-natural horse manure you get from a horse farm to fertilize your flower beds = chemicals.

What hydroponics does, is isolates those chemicals necessary for plants to grow and thrive, and introduces them into the pods where the plants are growing.

The plants, if planted in an organic garden, would be getting ALL those chemicals anyway through the soil, sunlight, bug and insect excretion, dead bug and insect bits, feces of whatever tracks through the soil that causes proper fertilization and nitrogen content, etc. etc.

So instead of it being haphazard and "let's see if this thing will grow," they create the optimum amount of everything, providing the plants with exactly the same things they would get otherwise, but in a strictly controlled environment where they also get zero of the things that might cause harm to them, or that provides no benefit at all to them.

Same chemicals. Only difference: one is controlled, one is not.

Two Bills 05-05-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1939941)
You should do a little learning about hydroponics. It's pretty fascinating. Also you might want to brush up on your understanding of chemicals. Here's a mini lesson:

Every single living thing in existence on this and every other planet in the universe is made up of chemicals.

Your average organic banana = chemicals.
The 100% pure pine oil that you rub on your wooden furniture = chemicals.
The all-natural horse manure you get from a horse farm to fertilize your flower beds = chemicals.

What hydroponics does, is isolates those chemicals necessary for plants to grow and thrive, and introduces them into the pods where the plants are growing.

The plants, if planted in an organic garden, would be getting ALL those chemicals anyway through the soil, sunlight, bug and insect excretion, dead bug and insect bits, feces of whatever tracks through the soil that causes proper fertilization and nitrogen content, etc. etc.

So instead of it being haphazard and "let's see if this thing will grow," they create the optimum amount of everything, providing the plants with exactly the same things they would get otherwise, but in a strictly controlled environment where they also get zero of the things that might cause harm to them, or that provides no benefit at all to them.

Same chemicals. Only difference: one is controlled, one is not.

Been growing things for years, and quite aware of what a manufactured chemical is, as apposed to an organic chemical.
It's the 'controlled' ones that are destroying the soil, not the natural ones.
On many agricultural farms today the soil is dead thanks to the 'controlled' chemicals!
The few left that use organic fertilisers still have soil with life in.
Hydroponics have just got rid of the soil from the equation, and grow in straight chemicals.
I eat it like everyone else, got no choice in many cases, and as fascinating as it may be, I wish I didn't have too.
Thats why I grow as much of my own the non-fascinating way.

Ben Franklin 05-05-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1939940)
It is going to be a very nice upscale restaurant.

I'm not impressed with any of the restaurants this guy has opened. I have nothing against him - don't even know him, but I have been spoiled in the past, and I know what I like. I'll give it a try. I have no expectations though. Maybe I'll be surprised.

JSR22 05-05-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Franklin (Post 1939979)
I'm not impressed with any of the restaurants this guy has opened. I have nothing against him - don't even know him, but I have been spoiled in the past, and I know what I like. I'll give it a try. I have no expectations though. Maybe I'll be surprised.

Have you tried BlueFin and ChopHouse?

Road-Runner 05-06-2021 07:22 AM

PF Changs would have been an awesome addition, but we'll give the new restaurant a try when it opens, sounds nice.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 05-06-2021 08:27 AM

Don’t bother,He’s probably one of those guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1939985)

that eats in buffet restaurants and tries to sneak food out and then bad mouths every restaurant that cost more then $10 to eat

Ben Franklin 05-06-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1939985)

Yes, twice, and I was not impressed with either. At Blue Fin I asked for my fish to be cooked a certain way and both tines they cooked it the only way they knew how. It's hard to find a restaurant that has a good chef, especially for cooking fish. The Chop House's cut of filet was nothing to write home about. I can order better cuts from Omaha Steaks.

When I go to a restaurant it isn't a social event for me, but rather a celebration for my palate.

Bogie Shooter 05-06-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Franklin (Post 1940471)
Yes, twice, and I was not impressed with either. At Blue Fin I asked for my fish to be cooked a certain way and both tines they cooked it the only way they knew how. It's hard to find a restaurant that has a good chef, especially for cooking fish. The Chop House's cut of filet was nothing to write home about. I can order better cuts from Omaha Steaks.

When I go to a restaurant it isn't a social event for me, but rather a celebration for my palate.

Did you have that in Captiva Island?

Ben Franklin 05-06-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1940511)
Did you have that in Captiva Island?

Yes. There were some very good restaurants on Sanibel & Captiva. Sunshine Cafe, Moonlight Cafe (before they were sold to someone who was more in love with making money, than with being in love with cooking), Captiva Inn had a 7 course price fix with only two seatings per night (until the same money person bought it and turned it into a mediocre tourist attraction). The Tween Waters Inn had an extremely lovely décor, the walls were all French doors and they had a piano player playing softly. It was very romantic, especially on nights around the full moon.

I believe those days are gone now, gone for a long while, ever since the investment firms and money people have been buying them.