Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   OmniTours (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/)
-   -   The New Unrealistic CDC Rules Everyone is Talking About (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/new-unrealistic-cdc-rules-everyone-talking-about-319395/)

OmniTours 05-07-2021 05:27 PM

The New Unrealistic CDC Rules Everyone is Talking About

The New Unrealistic CDC Rules Everyone is Talking About

The CDC has a lot of explaining to do! In the new guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the agency speaks about some measures that will restrict, eliminate, and hinder many of the things that cruise fans hold dear.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2021 05:48 PM

I'm seeing some older rules, from when cruise lines hadn't been shut down completely yet. I'm also seeing a new rule about masks that was implemented just 2 days ago.

At least not that I've been able to see on the CDC website under news.

Here's the CDC's page, the top new thing dated May 5 is to say that there are new guidelines that allow cruise ships to start simulated voyages, to test out the mechanics of getting everyone sailing again.

Cruise Ship Guidance
| Quarantine | CDC

If you follow the various links, you learn that all the OTHER rules were implemented when people were still totally unprotected on ships, and some cruiselines were still taking no precautions at all.

I'm not finding anything new other than the guideline for the simulated voyages (which means - not actual voyages).

billethkid 05-07-2021 05:53 PM

Require vaccinated crew and passengers and cut the BS!

Stu from NYC 05-07-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1940970)

Exactly

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1940970)

Convince the governor of that. He has FORBIDDEN cruiselines from requiring vaccinations.

Bucco 05-07-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1940972)
Convince the governor of that. He has FORBIDDEN cruiselines from requiring vaccinations.

Didn't the industry threaten to leave Florida ? Lots of money.

Maybe loading in North Carolina or somewhere.

drducat 05-07-2021 06:11 PM

The problem is only a minority trusts the CDC, WHO or Fauci..Let me add Bill Gates....

OrangeBlossomBaby 05-07-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drducat (Post 1940978)
The problem is only a minority trusts the CDC, WHO or Fauci..Let me add Bill Gates....

I guess that means only the people who approach the situation with cautious optimism will be even trying to cruise. I'm good with that.

Stu from NYC 05-07-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Since the cruise lines are not US corporations does he even have the power to do this?

billethkid 05-07-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

But he cannot stop the cruise lines from pulling their ships to other stateside ports or close by islands.

Take a minute and contact his office.
I have....and expect no response...consistent with past attempts on other issues.

Bucco 05-07-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1940986)
But he cannot stop the cruise lines from pulling their ships to other stateside ports or close by islands.

Take a minute and contact his office.
I have....and expect no response...consistent with past attempts on other issues.

"Miami-based Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings is threatening to keep its ships out of Florida after the governor signed legislation banning businesses from requiring that customers show proof of vaccination against COVID-19."

Cruise giant Norwegian threatens to skip Florida'''s ports - ABC News

GrumpyOldMan 05-07-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

And can you back up the claim that only a minor trusts the CDC? Because I looked around and can find NO evidence of that.

graciegirl 05-07-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Access Denied

GrumpyOldMan 05-07-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniTours (Post 1940965)
The CDC has a lot of explaining to do!

The assumption of negative intent does nothing to help convince anyone.

tophcfa 05-07-2021 07:16 PM

It doesn’t seem unrealistic to me to take extra precautions when lots of people are trapped on a floating Petri dish.