Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Current Events and News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/)
-   -   Prison for false Covid-19 Documentation? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/prison-false-covid-19-documentation-319510/)

Tmarkwald 05-11-2021 05:58 AM

Prison for false Covid-19 Documentation?

Airlines say their staff aren’t equipped to handle and police all the new health certifications needed and worry the problem will be exacerbated when some countries also start to ask for vaccination certificates.

Fake Covid-19 Certificates Hit Airlines, Which Now Have to Police Them - WSJ

Tmarkwald 05-11-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmarkwald (Post 1942623)
Airlines say their staff aren’t equipped to handle and police all the new health certifications needed and worry the problem will be exacerbated when some countries also start to ask for vaccination certificates.

Fake Covid-19 Certificates Hit Airlines, Which Now Have to Police Them - WSJ

How would you feel having your vacation ruined because of people with false cards?

Think about it!

rustyp 05-11-2021 06:21 AM

It's only a matter of time before the health insurance companies will raise rates for non vaccinated just like they do for smokers. Also certain businesses will insist as terms of employment employees be vaccinated. Just like nurses in hospitals being required to get flu shots.

Stu from NYC 05-11-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1942650)
It's only a matter of time before the health insurance companies will raise rates for non vaccinated just like they do for smokers. Also certain businesses will insist as terms of employment employees be vaccinated. Just like nurses in hospitals being required to get flu shots.

That might be the way the virus goes away.

Tmarkwald 05-11-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1942653)

Yes, and the Supreme Court has upheld numerous times the right of state and local governments to make a vaccine mandatory in the interest of public health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...mallpox-covid/

On this day, the Supreme Court rules on vaccines and public health - National Constitution Center

and in the workplace:

Covid vaccine: Can you be fired if you refuse to take it?

Can employers require a COVID-19 vaccine? In a word, yes

Can You Be Fired For Not Getting A Coronavirus Vaccine?

And countries are starting mandatory vaccinations as well:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffwh...h=2505a3151b88

thelegges 05-11-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmarkwald (Post 1942649)
How would you feel having your vacation ruined because of people with false cards?

Think about it!

Did you read the article you posted. It’s not cards that is the problem, it’s the Covid tests are possibly a fake

tuccillo 05-11-2021 01:44 PM

I was out of the country recently and needed to upload a negative COVID-19 test report taken within 5 days to a portal for entry permission. I recall thinking that the report could be easily modified before upload. I suspect the same problem will exists once vaccination reports are required for entry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegges (Post 1942948)
Did you read the article you posted. It’s not cards that is the problem, it’s the Covid tests are possibly a fake

Carla B 05-11-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larbud (Post 1942957)
When have we ever needed a vaccine for a virus that you need to be tested for in order to know whether you have it or not?
That is the most assinine thing I've ever heard.
When have we ever needed a vaccine for a virus that we have a cure for
The ds used it to get rid of our President and steal a puppets way in and it’s worked so well they’ll ruin the world before quitting..

This doesn't make any more sense than it did the first time you posted this.

jimjamuser 05-11-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1942650)

Just like the early days of seat belts. They are ROUTINELY accepted today. Not so in the past. Most people look to the Federal Government to protect them from their enemies whether foreign or domestic or an invisible virus causing a Pandemic. Only the Federal Government can do that. It can't be your local YMCA. And states have diverse jobs that they concentrate on to meet local conditions. Only the National Government can battle a Global Pandemic.

jimjamuser 05-11-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1942653)

Let us hope that it happens BEFORE the CV variants become too powerful!

MDLNB 05-11-2021 07:48 PM

Maybe they'll do it for the yearly flu shot also. Maybe they should also mandate what type of shoes you wear, to be safe of course. Wow, Americans sure have become weak. So weak that they depend on a nanny state to keep them all warm and fuzzy. Better restock your safe rooms, things are gonna get worse.

Garywt 05-11-2021 08:10 PM

No different than college students being required to get certain shots before they can attend. Soon unvaccinated people will need to stay home as they will not be allowed on planes, ships, schools, restaurants and more. Those that have had the vaccine will be able to do anything and others will need to stay home. All those that are to scared to get it.

stanley 05-11-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 1943079)
No different than college students being required to get certain shots before they can attend. Soon unvaccinated people will need to stay home as they will not be allowed on planes, ships, schools, restaurants and more. Those that have had the vaccine will be able to do anything and others will need to stay home. All those that are to scared to get it.

That's when **** hits the fan. You have no idea of the repercussions!
Be careful what you wish for!

Garywt 05-11-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1943087)
That's when **** hits the fan. You have no idea of the repercussions!
Be careful what you wish for!

I am not wishing for anything. I got my shots when my doctor told me to. My wife got hers so she could continue to work. I don’t follow who else did or did not get the shots.

Tmarkwald 05-12-2021 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 1943079)

Almost all Universities are requiring the vaccine to attend fall classes. Now that 12+ can get the vaccine, I'd anticipate middle schoolers on up will be required as well.

I wouldn't go to a school that DIDN'T make it mandatory...