Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Another Documentary Documentary About The Villages - "The Bubble" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/another-documentary-documentary-about-villages-bubble-319518/)

Lottoguy 05-11-2021 08:29 AM

Another Documentary About The Villages - "The Bubble"

Here is the director speaking about "The Bubble" a new documentary about The Villages. The release date has not yet been announced.

THE VILLAGES - Another Documentary Is Coming “The Bubble” - YouTube

The trailer link here---> Trailer | The Bubble | Valerie Blankenbyl - YouTube

manaboutown 05-11-2021 08:34 AM

just another hater, yawn...

Tmarkwald 05-11-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1942755)
just another hater, yawn...

Yeah, it is always the jealous ones who do this crap.

They even get on here and try to tell people how much life is better in other communities outside of TV.

tophcfa 05-11-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmarkwald (Post 1942761)
Yeah, it is always the jealous ones who do this crap.

They even get on here and try to tell people how much life is better in other communities outside of TV.

All I can say is that when we are at our Villages home I NEVER wish we could get back north, but when we are up north I am always counting the days until I can get back to the Villages. I am NEVER bored while in the Villages, other places not so much. Who cares what anyone else's opinion of the Villages is?

stanley 05-11-2021 09:35 AM

Didn't we already go through this and the thread was closed?

graciegirl 05-11-2021 09:58 AM

Valerie Blankenbyl appears to be a "twenty something" from Austria. Why does she want to make a film about US???

And further;............

Ich bin ziemlich skeptisch, was das Motiv angeht. Natürlich MONEY, aber ich denke darüber nach, wie ein junger Mensch wirklich die Fähigkeit hat, die echten USA zu SEHEN.

Ja.

EdFNJ 05-11-2021 10:13 AM

Oy Vey * :) Another alles wissend wannabe social scientist !

* Oy vey - Wikipedia

Polar Bear 05-11-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1942824)
…Ich bin ziemlich skeptisch, was das Motiv angeht. Natürlich MONEY, aber ich denke darüber nach, wie ein junger Mensch wirklich die Fähigkeit hat, die echten USA zu SEHEN.

Ja.

Tu as totalement raison! :)

Tmarkwald 05-11-2021 10:33 AM

All the people interviewed are non-TV residents.

They are all complainers who can't get in and are simply jealous.

Give me a break...

Boffin 05-11-2021 11:44 AM

Only been in the Villages a short time but things are fine for me inside the “bubble”. Although I refer to the Villages as the Reservation.

VApeople 05-11-2021 12:05 PM

I like the video of the young lady talking about her upcoming movie because she smiled and did not have that superior judgemental look so common among media people these days.

She seemed fascinated by what she had observed in The Villages. We look forward to seeing her movie.

Gpsma 05-11-2021 12:07 PM

Any production that doesnt reinforce that you live in paradise and made the best decision of your life is immediately panned.

She said nothing wrong. Yep...we live in a bubble

graciegirl 05-11-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1942844)
Tu as totalement raison! :)

Merci, mon ami.

Lottoguy 05-11-2021 02:08 PM

This is a different documentary. Your thinking of the documentary called "Some Kind of Heaven".

swissy 05-11-2021 02:48 PM

I watched this 90 minute documentary. A month ago it was streamed online at a film festival in Switzerland. Let me put it this way: This documentary has a very critical basic attitude especially regarding the rapid and unstoppable growth of "The Villages". All the beauties, pleasures and advantages were not shown to their best advantage. :mad:

"Man muss diesen Film nicht gesehen haben. Es gibt schönere und sinnvollere Möglichkeiten um 90 Minuten zu verbringen."