Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   I would love to see a Stonewood Grill open in TV land. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/i-would-love-see-stonewood-grill-open-tv-land-319637/)

Ben Franklin 05-14-2021 12:10 PM

I would love to see a Stonewood Grill open in TV land.

I'm generally a chef owned, restaurant type of patron. However, there is one chain I would love to see in TV land, and that's Stone Wood Grill. Why? Their food has always been delighted my palate. Closest one to TV is either Orlando or Wesley Chapel.

Steakhouse and Seafood | Stonewood Grill & Tavern

FenneyFanatic 05-14-2021 02:14 PM

Looks like great stuff..

Dynsol 05-19-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Franklin (Post 1944382)
I'm generally a chef owned, restaurant type of patron. However, there is one chain I would love to see in TV land, and that's Stone Wood Grill. Why? Their food has always been delighted my palate. Closest one to TV is either Orlando or Wesley Chapel.

Did you write them? Multiple buildings for lease in area!

Ben Franklin 05-19-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynsol (Post 1946957)
Did you write them? Multiple buildings for lease in area!

I did. The same day I posted this string. I have not heard back from them, but I'm sure they have their formula and want more full time people with disposable money.

pauld315 05-19-2021 09:45 PM

I think Stonewood is a franchise, go ahead and open one

Ben Franklin 05-20-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1947357)
I think Stonewood is a franchise, go ahead and open one

From what I have read, it's a chain. However, I love good food, however I wouldn't love owning a restaurant.

Skip 08-11-2021 08:24 PM

Going, going, g....

They've been closing their locations, one by one, for years now. The latest casualties were Orlando, Ft. Myers and Naples. Been in business about 21 years and at one time had 16 locations in Florida. Now they are down to just 8 Stonewood Grill and Taverns. We've been there many times and find them a great value.

Their newest venture is Peach Valley Cafe restaurants. We may get one of them nearby. There's a new one in Mount Dora just opened. But how many breakfast places do we really need?

Skip

Ben Franklin 08-14-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 1987548)
They've been closing their locations, one by one, for years now. The latest casualties were Orlando, Ft. Myers and Naples. Been in business about 21 years and at one time had 16 locations in Florida. Now they are down to just 8 Stonewood Grill and Taverns. We've been there many times and find them a great value.

Their newest venture is Peach Valley Cafe restaurants. We may get one of them nearby. There's a new one in Mount Dora just opened. But how many breakfast places do we really need?

Skip

I know they did several closing a few years ago. I was saddened when they closed the one in Fort Myers about 4 years ago, but I believe they haven't closed any recently. I loved their food and atmosphere. They always did a great job with the filets.

As for breakfast places, I usually go only when I'm traveling or on vacation, and maybe, occasionally on the weekend.

Skip 08-17-2021 04:17 PM

It's too bad. Once they get into a tailspin, it's just a matter of time.
Next one will probably be Perkins. They might fold here next year.

Skip

Veiragirl 08-17-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Franklin (Post 1944382)

I love that place! Get rid of 5 guys and the rest of the greasy
burger joints. That's why we have McDonalds

Skip 08-26-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veiragirl (Post 1990537)
Get rid of 5 Guys and the rest of the greasy
burger joints.

I agree and Culver's is the worst - so we're getting a second one. :rant-rave:

Skip

JSR22 08-26-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 1994888)

Skip

Another Culvers? They are way more horrible then 5 guys which i think is inedible.

coffeebean 08-30-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Skip

I don't eat their food but.......Culver's custard is delicious. A small dish of the Flavor of the day is only $2.00 and change. How can you resist any of these concoctions?........ My personal favorites are "Midnight Toffee" and "Turtle".

Flavor of the Day | Today’s Frozen Custard Ice Cream Specials | Culver’s(R)

JSR22 08-30-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Skip

Totally agree the food and custard are awful.

Dana1963 08-30-2021 04:26 PM

I'd rather see a Pollo Tropical.