Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Slow golf carts (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/slow-golf-carts-320210/)

steve3860 06-01-2021 06:36 AM

Slow golf carts

What is the proper Etiquette for passing slow golf carts? I like to cruise around 19 to 20. Over the weekend I seemed to have found a few carts with a top speed around 10 MPH.

One cart had 4 people on it and every little incline coming out of the tunnels it would slow to walking speed.

Byte1 06-01-2021 06:44 AM

It's a Golf Cart, not a GO Cart.

Papa_lecki 06-01-2021 06:47 AM

Pass them, get in front, slam on the brakes…. Continue driving and then go 8 MPH.

You just pass them when it’s sage and you can. It’s like walking past someone walking slow or passing on the highway.

TSO/ISPF 06-01-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve3860 (Post 1953324)
What is the proper Etiquette for passing slow golf carts? I like to cruise around 19 to 20. Over the weekend I seemed to have found a few carts with a top speed around 10 MPH.

One cart had 4 people on it and every little incline coming out of the tunnels it would slow to walking speed.

I should think normal "rules of the road" would apply. Pass when there is no oncoming traffic. Use care when on MVP paths due to many
narrow areas and blind curves, etc. On the street it's usually a simpler process. You do need to be aware of approaching vehicle traffic from behind you too in that circumstance.

golfing eagles 06-01-2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve3860 (Post 1953324)

In my experience, the "etiquette" others follow when passing me (and I'm usually (and yes I know illegally) going 21.4) is as follows:

They come up from behind me like a bat out of he!!
They tailgate me until bumpers almost touching
They blow by me at about 30 mph
While doing so they give me a one finger salute
And at the same time yell some other obscenity
Then cut back in front of me by 1 foot or less.
I see they do not have a "street legal cart"
And then they slam on the brakes because they just caught a cart going 12 mph. with no room to pass
And probably yell another obscenity

dewilson58 06-01-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_lecki (Post 1953338)
Pass them, get in front, slam on the brakes…. Continue driving and then go 8 MPH.

I've seen you. :MOJE_whot:

bobdeb 06-01-2021 07:08 AM

And I thought someone would bring up Street Legals.

Oh, I guess I just did that...

Bay Kid 06-01-2021 07:35 AM

Sounds like my Dad is "driving Miss IsaBell" again. Sorry

collie1228 06-01-2021 07:50 AM

I never pass unless the golf cart I'm passing is at least fifteen feet from the green. Might end up in a green side bunker.

DonH57 06-01-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1953351)
In my experience, the "etiquette" others follow when passing me (and I'm usually (and yes I know illegally) going 21.4) is as follows:

They come up from behind me like a bat out of he!!
They tailgate me until bumpers almost touching
They blow by me at about 30 mph
While doing so they give me a one finger salute
And at the same time yell some other obscenity
Then cut back in front of me by 1 foot or less.
I see they do not have a "street legal cart"
And then they slam on the brakes because they just caught a cart going 12 mph. with no room to pass
And probably yell another obscenity

So you spend some time on the MMP's too!:1rotfl:

OrangeBlossomBaby 06-01-2021 08:46 AM

If they're going slow enough that it's safe for you to pass at your own top speed, then go for it. If it's not, then don't. This isn't rocket surgery, as Kelly Bundy so profoundly put it.

golfing eagles 06-01-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1953428)
If they're going slow enough that it's safe for you to pass at your own top speed, then go for it. If it's not, then don't. This isn't rocket surgery, as Kelly Bundy so profoundly put it.

I really hope you're not comparing your intellect to that of Kelly Bundy:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Topspinmo 06-01-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdeb (Post 1953368)
And I thought someone would bring up Street Legals.

Oh, I guess I just did that...

Never seen street legal go the required max allowed speed. They do more like 30 and above. Coming up B/V in right lane on day going 36 got passed by par car golf cart in left lane going at least 39.

MrFlorida 06-01-2021 09:25 AM

It's a golf cart, if you want to go fast , then drive your car.

golfing eagles 06-01-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1953437)
Never seen street legal go the required max allowed speed. They do more like 30 and above. Coming up B/V in right lane on day going 36 got passed by par car golf cart in left lane going at least 39.

That might be the record.

Of course, the driver is either:

A) a Hollyweird stunt driver
B) 5'2" with a Napoleon complex trying to make up for his "shortcomings":1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: