Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Are you sharing a golf cart?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/you-sharing-golf-cart-320273/)

dewilson58 06-02-2021 04:50 PM

Are you sharing a golf cart??

Played Glenview this morning.
(course in great shape)

Three players in our group, three golf carts in our group.
Saw a couple other groups with > two carts.

What are you going to do this month????

Papa_lecki 06-02-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1954088)
(course in great shape)

Seems like this will be tough to enforce.
Think they won’t let you golf if you don’t pair up? Will you get a refund?

To answer you’re question - just me in my cart, unless I’m golfing with my wife.

dewilson58 06-02-2021 05:21 PM

You can have three carts, you can have four carts.................only two out in the fairways.

stanley 06-02-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

(course in great shape)

Are you all vaccinated?

But back to the thread title. I always golf with people I know and don't have, and never had a problem sharing a cart...............and I always walk the execs.

dewilson58 06-02-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1954096)
Are you all vaccinated?

Yes.

But Friday golfing with two (currently) unknowns.

:shocked:

dewilson58 06-02-2021 05:47 PM

Maybe someone has experienced this....................How do they determine which cart must stay off of the fairway???

Four strangers show up to play, four carts...............who gets to ride in the fairway??

:pray:

Papa_lecki 06-02-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1954094)
You can have three carts, you can have four carts.................only two out in the fairways.

Good thing i dont hit my balls in the middle of the fairway

stanley 06-02-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1954101)
Maybe someone has experienced this....................How do they determine which cart must stay off of the fairway???

Four strangers show up to play, four carts...............who gets to ride in the fairway??

It's "supposed" to be agreed upon by the players. This is going to cause a lot of heartache for the ambassadors. The rumor going around is there will be demerits for those that don't and will not adhere to the rules. Demerits add up and golf priviledges can be curtailed. Now that's just a romor and I hope it becomes fact.

Bogie Shooter 06-02-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

(course in great shape)

Yep. 4 players 2 carts. This am at Glenview. Ditto on conditions

asianthree 06-02-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1954101)

Since everyone is a grown person, common sense might help. Playing with three that I have never met. One could barely walk, one had a access pass. I rode with someone who I didn’t ask if they had been vaccinated or not.

For those vaccinated do you still not trust the science, and is that why you won’t pair up as in the past? Just a question

dewilson58 06-02-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1954104)
It's "supposed" to be agreed upon by the players. This is going to cause a lot of heartache for the ambassadors. The rumor going around is there will be demerits for those that don't and will not adhere to the rules. Demerits add up and golf priviledges can be curtailed. Now that's just a romor and I hope it becomes fact.

My middle name was Demerits in High School. :duck:

Jus not sure how this will work, wondering if others have experienced this issue prior to COVID.

stanley 06-02-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1954109)
My middle name was Demerits in High School. :duck:

Jus not sure how this will work, wondering if others have experienced this issue prior to COVID.

From what I experienced in the past..it was never a problem, there were very few if any at all that weren't sharing carts. Most foursomes know each other and are friends or close neighbors. This sharing carts should really be a non issue.

dewilson58 06-02-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1954108)
Since everyone is a grown person, common sense might help. Playing with three that I have never met. One could barely walk, one had a access pass. I rode with someone who I didn’t ask if they had been vaccinated or not.

For those vaccinated do you still not trust the science, and is that why you won’t pair up as in the past? Just a question

Maybe trust is not the issue..............no one says vaccination is 100%. Maybe it's not hurting anyone or anything having three carts, so why not. :highfive:

golfing eagles 06-02-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1954121)
Maybe trust is not the issue..............no one says vaccination is 100%. Maybe it's not hurting anyone or anything having three carts, so why not. :highfive:

Nope, the vaccination is not 100%. But for the first 85 million vaccinated, according to the CDC, it is 99.992%. So to all those that don't want to share a cart, enjoy walking from the cart path (which is even more fun if it is 100 yards from your ball)

dewilson58 06-02-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1954130)
Nope, the vaccination is not 100%. But for the first 85 million vaccinated, according to the CDC, it is 99.992%. So to all those that don't want to share a cart, enjoy walking from the cart path (which is even more fun if it is 100 yards from your ball)

The exercise is good.
Who are those 12 Villagers.
:gc: