Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Where is this section of golf cart path? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/where-section-golf-cart-path-320397/)

flsteve 06-07-2021 12:15 PM

Where is this section of golf cart path?

Okay, my wife and I came here for our lifestyle visit in August of 2020 and in February we bought a home here in Spanish Springs. On that lifestyle week though, we drove our golf cart up from Brownwood to Spanish Springs just to see everything available.

We came across a stretch of golf cart path (maybe 200 yards or so) that was completely covered by trees overhead, almost like a trellis. it seems like it was maybe somewhere between 466A and 466. Not sure if it was Morse or Buena Vista. When my wife and I saw this stretch we both said, "Oh my gosh this place is beautiful!" (meaning all of The Villages). It COULD be north of 466. Because it was our first visit we didn't know the area at all back then.

Yesterday was our 5th time out on a long trip where we also hoped to maybe stumble upon that area again-- with no luck. Does this beautiful stretch of golf cart path sound familiar to anyone? We would love to find it again!

champion6 06-07-2021 12:23 PM

That sounds like the golf cart path between Laurel Manor Rec Center and Saddlebrook Rec Center - north of 466 & east of Buena Vista, parallel with Buena Vista.

UpNorth 06-07-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flsteve (Post 1955857)
Okay, my wife and I came here for our lifestyle visit in August of 2020 and in February we bought a home here in Spanish Springs. On that lifestyle week though, we drove our golf cart up from Brownwood to Spanish Springs just to see everything available.

We came across a stretch of golf cart path (maybe 200 yards or so) that was completely covered by trees overhead, almost like a trellis. it seems like it was maybe somewhere between 466A and 466. Not sure if it was Morse or Buena Vista. When my wife and I saw this stretch we both said, "Oh my gosh this place is beautiful!" (meaning all of The Villages). It COULD be north of 466. Because it was our first visit we didn't know the area at all back then.

Yesterday was our 5th time out on a long trip where we also hoped to maybe stumble upon that area again-- with no luck. Does this beautiful stretch of golf cart path sound familiar to anyone? We would love to find it again!

Perhaps the path next to the Saddlebrook executive nine, just off Buena Vista.

mikreb 06-07-2021 12:53 PM

Laurel Manor

bagboy 06-07-2021 01:12 PM

It could be Buena Vista Blvd in the Sumter Landing area, near Stillwater Trail that you are looking for.

kansasr 06-07-2021 03:25 PM

Perhaps This Location

1 Attachment(s)
This is the path that runs from Laurel Manor to Saddlebrook that has been mentioned....

rustyp 06-07-2021 05:24 PM

A new record ! The first five responses agree. This is the spot for sure. It is a MMP north of 466 correct ?

:1rotfl::1rotfl:

Garywt 06-07-2021 05:57 PM

That is our favorite path, we call it The Tunnel of Love. We go through there often, every time we go to we go to Brownwood from up near Route 42.

Bogie Shooter 06-07-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1955940)
A new record ! The first five responses agree. This is the spot for sure. It is a MMP north of 466 correct ?

:1rotfl::1rotfl:

Maybe someone will let you know for sure.:1rotfl::1rotfl:

billethkid 06-07-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpNorth (Post 1955860)
Perhaps the path next to the Saddlebrook executive nine, just off Buena Vista.

If that is not the one then they definietly need to check it out also.
I think it is the one of the most unique and picturesque in TV

musicman1612 06-08-2021 04:47 AM

That’s my favorite section too!! It’s between Laurel Manor near Saddlebrook off of Buena Vista Blvd. You take Buena Vista to get there. Beautiful!!

Donnie&Viv 06-08-2021 04:57 AM

Tree lined golf cart path

It is at Laurel Manor a favorite among many.

thevillages2013 06-08-2021 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garywt (Post 1955943)
That is our favorite path, we call it The Tunnel of Love. We go through there often, every time we go to we go to Brownwood from up near Route 42.

Better be a quickie there’s lots of traffic through there:bigbow:

DaleDivine 06-08-2021 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansasr (Post 1955910)
This is the path that runs from Laurel Manor to Saddlebrook that has been mentioned....

Yes, the path that runs parallel with the first and second holes of Saddlebrook.
:coolsmiley::welcome:

cindyfeh 06-08-2021 05:24 AM

We call it “Tunnel of Trees” right along Burns Vista as mentioned above. It is one of our favorite places on the golf cart paths.