Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Caribbean Lagoon coming to The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/caribbean-lagoon-coming-villages-320441/)

tghoul 06-08-2021 07:36 PM

Caribbean Lagoon coming to The Villages

Lagoons coming to 5 Central Florida Counties

Bjeanj 06-08-2021 08:05 PM

Cool.

Papa_lecki 06-08-2021 08:31 PM

If you watch video, opening 2023. Need wingmannut to let us know where.

Goldwingnut 06-08-2021 09:39 PM

I haven't heard of this company before, but I did do some research. They have a lot of "pie in the sky" targets listed on their webpages, TV isn't one of them. I'm uncertain also of a possible location in TV or Sumter County for this and it would be very uncharacteristic for the developer to outsource a major amenity item such as this.

Understanding what this facility really is is also important, it is a heat sink for rejected heat for an industrial process or major air conditioning facility (mall, data center, etc). It utilizes this waste heat to create a heated pool (you can do this with your own pool and heat pump with a product I found) for entertainment purposes. Currently there isn't a major heat source located or planned that I know of that would be suitable. But I could be wrong all together on this, we'll just have to keep watching.

This is a huge expense and would require a significant customer base to support, something I don't think they'll find in TV or Sumter County. Many villagers are cheap and won't want to spend a dime to go to a place like this, especially in the cooler months.

I'm definitely going to do some more digging on this one.

Altavia 06-08-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 1956581)
I haven't heard of this company before, but I did do some research. They have a lot of "pie in the sky" targets listed on their webpages, TV isn't one of them. I'm uncertain also of a possible location in TV or Sumter County for this and it would be very uncharacteristic for the developer to outsource a major amenity item such as this.

Understanding what this facility really is is also important, it is a heat sink for rejected heat for an industrial process or major air conditioning facility (mall, data center, etc). It utilizes this waste heat to create a heated pool (you can do this with your own pool and heat pump with a product I found) for entertainment purposes. Currently there isn't a major heat source located or planned that I know of that would be suitable. But I could be wrong all together on this, we'll just have to keep watching.

This is a huge expense and would require a significant customer base to support, something I don't think they'll find in TV or Sumter County. Many villagers are cheap and won't want to spend a dime to go to a place like this, especially in the cooler months.

Very interesting, may be fishing for investors.

Latest developer video hinted at a Top Golf like facility which may make more economic sense for here.

Papa_lecki 06-09-2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie0723 (Post 1956586)
Very interesting, may be fishing for investors.

Latest developer video hinted at a Top Golf like facility which may make more economic sense for here.

Great points Don. It seems like a place Villagers would go occasionally when grandkids visit.
It would be uncharacteristic for “the Developer” to outsource so much amenity real estate.
This is something that wouldn’t be built for 2 to 4 years, so the location would be way down south.
In the interview at the link, the executive of the company specifically says The Villages, BUT, as you say in your videos, the developer is good at keeping secrets - this could be something that wasn’t supposed to get out.

Two Bills 06-09-2021 05:51 AM

""The ones planned for Central Florida will be public, meaning anyone can pay and go.""

Imagine the traffic on a hot day in school holidays, if it was in TV!:ohdear:

elevatorman 06-09-2021 06:23 AM

Cool a Gator farm

Papa_lecki 06-09-2021 07:28 AM

Here’s there web site. It looks like a resort in Orlando is putting in one of their lagoons.

Don gives a good summary of their industrial cooling technology - there are more details on the web site.

Crystal Lagoons | Transform any location into an idyllic beach paradise

JMintzer 06-09-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1956616)
""The ones planned for Central Florida will be public, meaning anyone can pay and go.""

Imagine the traffic on a hot day in school holidays, if it was in TV!:ohdear:

The man in the video says one of them WILL be in TV...

Stu from NYC 06-09-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 1956699)
The man in the video says one of them WILL be in TV...

Talk is cheap lets see if they make the investment.

Altavia 06-09-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Hmmm, there are rumors of a huge prefab concrete plant planned to pre-cast home walls - replacing CCB construction...

wisbad1 06-09-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Please what is product info for heating pool?

Goldwingnut 06-09-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisbad1 (Post 1956719)
Please what is product info for heating pool?

This is what I was looking at.
Heat Recovery Pool Heater | Compare To Solar Pool Heater | HotSpot Energy LLC
Instead of rejecting your home's heat to the air in the outside condensing unit, an alternate condensing unit is installed with a control valve to capture the waste heat and use it for heating a pool. Once the pool is at the control temperature, the valve would shift back to using the original condensing unit.

In theory, the heat rejection to the water would be more efficient for your home heat pump and there would be some energy savings. An advantage over solar is that with solar, the pump speed must be increased to provide sufficient head to move the water through the panels on the roof, the heat is free, but it takes more power to move the water. With this system a slower pump speed can be used saving more energy, combined with the increased efficiency the savings could be significant, in theory.

John41 06-09-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tghoul (Post 1956556)

The one in Arizona looks amazing and more like a small theme park than something The Villages would be investing in.