Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Well Done, Villagers! Supermarket Shopping Carts Returned! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/well-done-villagers-supermarket-shopping-carts-returned-320453/)

SeanAndrews 06-09-2021 10:38 AM

Well Done, Villagers! Supermarket Shopping Carts Returned!

We moved here from Orlando about a month ago and one of the things I've noticed while shopping at the Colony Plaza Publix is that shoppers ALMOST ALWAYS return their shopping carts to the little, designated return spots. It sure is nice to live in a place with thoughtful, responsible adults!! :bigbow:

Topspinmo 06-09-2021 12:01 PM

Just wait, just wait and see?

Stu from NYC 06-09-2021 12:41 PM

I walk around the parking lot and offer to return a cart and just ask for a small tip.

We will now be buying our fourth villa.

Looking for assistants to work for us.

Mortal1 06-12-2021 08:25 AM

Sometimes I return it...sometimes I do not...sometimes I give it to someone who just arrived...sometimes the person bringing carts back to the store takes it. When I do not return it I leave it where it will not hinder someones parking and then they take it.

I find gum on the ground, masks being tossed on the ground, cigarette butts, dog poop, crappy parking jobs, people parked in front of Publix and folks who don't stop at stop signs more inconsiderate than those who leave grocery carts in the parking lot...but hey we all have our peeves.

retiredguy123 06-12-2021 08:30 AM

I thought you weren't supposed to touch a cart used by someone else. Doesn't it need to be sanitized by the Publix guy inside?

photo1902 06-12-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1958338)
I thought you weren't supposed to touch a cart used by someone else. Doesn't it need to be sanitized by the Publix guy inside?

What difference does it make if you touch the cart?

RICH1 06-12-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1958335)
Sometimes I return it...sometimes I do not...sometimes I give it to someone who just arrived...sometimes the person bringing carts back to the store takes it. When I do not return it I leave it where it will not hinder someones parking and then they take it.

I find gum on the ground, masks being tossed on the ground, cigarette butts, dog poop, crappy parking jobs, people parked in front of Publix and folks who don't stop at stop signs more inconsiderate than those who leave grocery carts in the parking lot...but hey we all have our peeves.

I'm doing better! I only roll thru
when nobody is around! It's helping with extending my brakes and clutch life! ...

retiredguy123 06-12-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1958460)
what difference does it make if you touch the cart?

covid

photo1902 06-12-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1958550)
covid

So you don’t touch anything else in a grocery store that thousands of others have touched? Fruit, veggies, door handles on the refrigerated and frozen cases, credit card machine at the checkout, etc?

Yet you’re worried about a cart?

Topspinmo 06-12-2021 02:44 PM

I don’t need cart, I park in front of the door. After all I’m privileged and don’t have to follow the fire code signs.:1rotfl::coolsmiley:

kcrazorbackfan 06-12-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanAndrews (Post 1956811)
We moved here from Orlando about a month ago and one of the things I've noticed while shopping at the Colony Plaza Publix is that shoppers ALMOST ALWAYS return their shopping carts to the little, designated return spots. It sure is nice to live in a place with thoughtful, responsible adults!! :bigbow:

Well, there was a Publix cart at the Brownwood bridge a couple of months ago; the nearest Publix is at Lake Deaton. Wasn’t a responsible adult there.

photo1902 06-12-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1958654)
Well, there was a Publix cart at the Brownwood bridge a couple of months ago; the nearest Publix is at Lake Deaton. Wasn’t a responsible adult there.

Technically, Grand Traverse is the closest Publix grocery store to the “Brownwood Bridge”.

kcrazorbackfan 06-12-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1958660)
Technically, Grand Traverse is the closest Publix grocery store to the “Brownwood Bridge”.

Well, I stand corrected….

photo1902 06-12-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan (Post 1958674)
Well, I stand corrected….

:)

Regardless, there shouldn’t be a shopping cart removed from the property. Period.

Number 10 GI 06-13-2021 07:22 AM

I always take my shopping cart to the cart return, it's what courteous and considerate people do. I categorize people who leave their cart in the parking lot in the same category as people who throw trash on the roads.