Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Hot Enough Yet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/hot-enough-yet-320497/)

rustyp 06-11-2021 11:58 AM

Hot Enough Yet

Well after being a snowbird for 15 or so years this is the second year due to circumstances I'm still in TV in June. To all of you that told me over the years that the heat is not so bad and all the advice of how to deal with it, when to play, etc :

YOU LIED TO ME

Soon I'll be at my cabin in the woods on the lake in the mountains with an average temp of 74 degrees. We even have campfires at night.

asianthree 06-11-2021 12:11 PM

And that’s why many bolt to the North

Mortal1 06-11-2021 01:12 PM

Well being from Maine I love the summer heat.

As to your issue....put your big boy pants on and accept the decision that YOU made to come here and don't try to pass it off on anyone else. You're an adult...Yeah I know you were just trying to yank chains, but there are way to many whiners on forums. I ain't funny mate.

rustyp 06-11-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1957946)
Well being from Maine I love the summer heat.

As to your issue....put your big boy pants on and accept the decision that YOU made to come here and don't try to pass it off on anyone else. You're an adult...Yeah I know you were just trying to yank chains, but there are way to many whiners on forums. I ain't funny mate.

As I said circumstances have caused my delay. Accept decisions that one makes is another misguided assumption - sometimes we make our decisions. Sometimes decisions are made for us especially when health issues and / or taking care of elders are involved. As for my big boy pants - it's too dam hot to wear them and that "ain't" funny either.

Nucky 06-11-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1957911)
Well after being a snowbird for 15 or so years this is the second year due to circumstances I'm still in TV in June. To all of you that told me over the years that the heat is not so bad and all the advice of how to deal with it, when to play, etc :

YOU LIED TO ME

Soon I'll be at my cabin in the woods on the lake in the mountains with an average temp of 74 degrees. We even have campfires at night.

:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: You are a funny person. :super:

The heat is getting to me also this year. I have to increase the water consumption. That has helped me out in the past. :1rotfl::1rotfl:

Ben Franklin 06-11-2021 01:44 PM

I feel your pain. We've lived in Florida for over 30 years and we've never gotten used to the heat in summer. I could kick myself in the rear, for selling our cabin in the woods in PA. We keep searching for another cabin but no luck so far.

Blueblaze 06-11-2021 02:50 PM

Heat? It's only 91 at this moment, with a nice cool breeze. It even rained a bit this afternoon. Thank your luck stars you aren't stuck in your winter home in Texas! Same heat, twice the humidity, only rains when it floods, and your only breeze is a hurricane!

I was just thinking how nice it is since I moved that I can go for a walk in the morning, halfway through June, without constantly wiping the sweat out of my eyes. I've even got a tee-time tomorrow! You couldn't blast me out of the house to play golf in June, back home!

It's all a question of perspective.

rustyp 06-11-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadywood (Post 1957991)
Heat? It's only 91 at this moment, with a nice cool breeze. It even rained a bit this afternoon. Thank your luck stars you aren't stuck in your winter home in Texas! Same heat, twice the humidity, only rains when it floods, and your only breeze is a hurricane!

I was just thinking how nice it is since I moved that I can go for a walk in the morning, halfway through June, without constantly wiping the sweat out of my eyes. I've even got a tee-time tomorrow! You couldn't blast me out of the house to play golf in June, back home!

It's all a question of perspective.

I get it. Perspective is relative. I'm about as thankful as Mrs. Lincoln was when asked how did you like the play.

PugMom 06-11-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1957998)
I get it. Perspective is relative. I'm about as thankful as Mrs. Lincoln was when asked how did you like the play.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: good one! i came down FOR the heat due to wicked arthritis. after the 2nd year it does'nt bother us @ all. i still want to sit outside when dining in a restaurant, or bring a jacket when we must sit inside. the thought of going back to a colder location gives me the shivers, lol

jebartle 06-11-2021 03:15 PM

I saw a geico on the lanai fanning himself, its HOT.

jdulej 06-11-2021 03:30 PM

Sorry, I don't get why people are concerned. It hasn't started to get humid yet. Give me 85 and 85 - that's Florida!

Number 10 GI 06-11-2021 05:18 PM

Don't remember exactly if it was 1977 or 1978, we were living in central Texas and we had 30 days with no break of over 100 every day.

JMintzer 06-11-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1957963)
As for my big boy pants - it's too dam hot to wear them and that "ain't" funny either.

Time to break out the shorts!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/70...111e96fe63.jpg

jimkerr 06-11-2021 09:03 PM

It’s not even hot yet! Wait till August.

Topspinmo 06-11-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1957911)

YOU LIED TO ME

Depends on definition of hot. Not that hot IMO, but? There alway but (with one t) it’s the humidity that’s the game changer.