Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Non-Alcoholic Beer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/non-alcoholic-beer-320520/)

undertaker 06-11-2021 09:31 PM

Non-Alcoholic Beer

Non-alcoholic beers have been growing in popularity. I am interested in knowing if some folks have tried some and have ones that they particularly like. I’d be interested in knowing why you may like a particular beer; it’s taste that you could describe perhaps. Thank you.

DylanTodd 06-11-2021 10:03 PM

Oh yes, I am all over this topic, I am in the restaurant business and this is the fastest growing segment of the market. I really like Athletic brewing. Look them up, you can find them in many stores as well as available online. Their lagers are great, their IPAs a touch on the watered down side but you are going to get that with any non-alc beer. Still has that tiny bite you may like or crave.

The best thing to do is peruse a local store or shop and go to the non-alc section and try a bunch and see what you like. I found a great wheat ale that is perfect for summer almost un-mistakeably non-alc. Can't remember the name off hand, but just discovered it by trying a different 4 pack each time I went into a store.

Non-alc Heineken Zero actually tastes very similar to the original.

I have also been experimenting with non-alc spirits as well.

Cheers,

Dylan

Two Bills 06-12-2021 03:14 AM

I can suffer decaf coffee and tea, but leave my pint alone.
Rather drink water!

retiredguy123 06-12-2021 07:10 AM

Non-alcoholic beer, decaf coffee, nonfat cheese, vegetarian meat. To me, it's all fake food.

Bay Kid 06-12-2021 07:28 AM

Sorry but give me the real thing.

Polar Bear 06-12-2021 07:54 AM

Heineken 0.0 is very good. Close to full alcohol beer taste. Even the O’doul’s they sell at the squares is good. Both have that cold, carbonated, non-sweet taste I’m looking for when I don’t want an alcoholic beverage. :)

blueash 06-12-2021 08:22 AM

I'd say my favorite non alcoholic beer is Dad's although A & W is ok too, and Barq's

Heyitsrick 06-13-2021 05:09 AM

I will second Dylan's post recommendations on Athletic Brewing Company's beer. "Run Wild IPA" is a favorite. They have been adding more varieties, as well.

Athletic Brewing Company | Craft Non-Alcoholic Beer

https://i.imgur.com/OZ9Hx5r.png

HeleneGB 06-13-2021 05:32 AM

Becks and Heinekins

jedalton 06-13-2021 06:09 AM

Bud zero is very good

DaleDivine 06-13-2021 06:24 AM

Busch N/A is a good trailer park brew.
:bigbow::popcorn:

asianthree 06-13-2021 06:38 AM

OP is asking for reviews on Non alcoholic beer. Posters who say never or make fun, doesn’t really help. My reason for non alcoholic in our fridge is heartbreaking, and proud.

I keep N/A in my fridge, for our younger kids. One is battling a brain tumor, and meds prevent her from drinking, yet still has that occasional crave.
Our son who manages 3 Sports bars, and holds a 3 year chip gives us recommendations on the new top selling breweries, although he does not drink them.

Heineken Zero is our go to, although not a fan of IPA, Run Wild has the best taste of a good IPA.

parkersykes 06-13-2021 06:53 AM

St Pauli Girl or Becks. By far the closest taste to the real thing. Imported NA use a different process than domestics.

ithos 06-13-2021 06:56 AM

The best NA beer for you will depend on what type of regular beer you prefer. There are all types. What I look for are the NA beers that don't have a strange after taste and taste like water.

My favorites are Coors Edge, Penn's Best NA ($12 a case!), and Sam Adams Wicked Haze. I don't care for Euro beers but if you do there are several good options.

A couple that I have tried and don't like are O'douls (after taste), Bud Zero (zero taste),

Best local place for selection is Total Wine since they have over a dozen choices. Palates vary so you should try several even if they are not mentioned here.

ithos 06-13-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylanTodd (Post 1958154)
Oh yes, I am all over this topic, I am in the restaurant business and this is the fastest growing segment of the market. I really like Athletic brewing. Look them up, you can find them in many stores as well as available online. Their lagers are great, their IPAs a touch on the watered down side but you are going to get that with any non-alc beer. Still has that tiny bite you may like or crave.

Cheers,

Dylan

Thanks, I will try it out. Since your in the biz, which restaurants have NA beers other than Odouls and Heineken?