Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Exec Course Tee Time (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/exec-course-tee-time-320863/)

Scbang 06-22-2021 11:27 AM

Exec Course Tee Time

So, when snowbirds left ( if they ever did ) I thought it'll be easier to book a tee time for 2 of us. In fact, it was easier for a little while. Then what happened? Did snowbirds come back? I can not make any morning tee time anymore till 2-3 pm. But then when we make it out there, it is not that busy. I see 2 some 3 some teeing off all the time. Why are people making reservations and not cancel if they're not going to make it. It used to be that I try 5 pm a day before, I can get a decent tee time. Now I see nothing even when I try 5 min to midnight... Why?

dewilson58 06-22-2021 11:28 AM

Were the Snow's playing Executive courses??? or Championship courses??

n8xwb 06-22-2021 11:48 AM

1. It used to be that thee were only 65000 Villagers. Now there are 120,000?!

2. While to he population has increased, the developer has not built an equivalent number of new executive courses.

3. Used to be you got less points against you if you canceled your teetime, not anymore -- don't have a clue why they made that change. So now, why be there canceling? At least that seems to be the attitude of many.

Why the heck don't you put in a request in advance instead o do hoping to find something last minute?!

Scbang 06-22-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8xwb (Post 1963522)

2. While to he population has increased, the developer has not built an equivalent number of new executive courses.

3. Used to be you got less points against you if you canceled your teetime, not anymore -- don't have a clue why they made that change. So now, why be there canceling? At least that seems to be the attitude of many.

Why the heck don't you put in a request in advance instead o do hoping to find something last minute?!

I agree with 1 and 2 and 3 I did not know. That is a bad policy and explains why no one cancels. I book my reservation on 12:30 am earliest anyone can. Still no luck..

Mleeja 06-22-2021 12:07 PM

It seems that at any one time there are 5 or 6 executive courses closed for maintenance. This just maybe for a day, week, or summer. Regardless, this reduces the number of spots available for play.

tuccillo 06-22-2021 12:08 PM

Put in a request, 4-7 days in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scbang (Post 1963526)
I agree with 1 and 2 and 3 I did not know. That is a bad policy and explains why no one cancels. I book my reservation on 12:30 am earliest anyone can. Still no luck..

Trayderjoe 06-22-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Actually #2 is a consideration. Also, given the heat of the day and it appears that it may rain more late morning and afternoon, people seem to want to go out earlier in the day.

#3 is not correct. The only time penalty cancellation points are normally not assigned, is if a weather event is identified by the appropriate Villages department. The weather event could be from stormy/rainy weather or colder weather over the winter. Note too that such events don’t necessarily cover the entire day, but could be tee times between or up to certain identified tee times. Check The Villages golf website as it will post if a weather event is identified and which tee times are impacted.

Papa_lecki 06-22-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1963513)
Were the Snow's playing Executive courses??? or Championship courses??

As usual - dewilson is on point.
If youre spending a couple hundred grand on a second house for 3 months in a community with 800 holes of golf, you are probably spending more time on championship courses.
They may grab one or two a week on executives with friends, spouses, etc.

tuccillo 06-22-2021 12:53 PM

Prior to the construction south of 44, there were approximately 1600 homes per executive golf course. There have been 5 new executive golf courses built south of 44, so far. Assuming the same ratio of houses to executive courses, these 5 new courses could support 8000 new homes. I suspect about 8000 new homes have been build south of 44 to date, maybe a bit more. I don't see an issue.

Quote:

I'm Popeye! 06-22-2021 01:24 PM

Many golf courses are close for extended period of time.
Fixing what the snowbirds have destroyed, this goes on every year. :jester:

Laker14 06-22-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! (Post 1963569)
Many golf courses are close for extended period of time.
Fixing what the snowbirds have destroyed, this goes on every year. :jester:

Those darn snowbirds!

Having the nerve to utilize amenities for 3 or 4 months that they pay for, for 12 months.

yabbadu 06-22-2021 02:49 PM

Other than a few courses being closed for repairs, usually the problem is the user.
Need to be open as to your availability.

Do Not request 1-3 courses in a two hour frame time.

Better if you request 3-6+ courses for a four+ hour time frame. The more you limit time and number of courses , the less chance of success.Been doing online system for over eight years and NEVER was denied. It's all based on how you utilize the golf system.

Choice is yours!

Mrprez 06-22-2021 03:02 PM

Snowbirds knew what they were getting into when they bought their homes. They deserve nothing special.

SIRE1 06-22-2021 03:39 PM

Hey, don't blame me if you can't get a tee time during the summer. I'm back north.:icon_wink:

JMintzer 06-22-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprez (Post 1963602)
Snowbirds knew what they were getting into when they bought their homes. They deserve nothing special.

I don't seem to remember them asking for anything special...