Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf Carts need for regulation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-carts-need-regulation-321119/)

Halehardy 06-30-2021 02:33 PM

Golf Carts need for regulation

We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would go over 28 mph, have LED lights that would light up people's bedrooms, blast stereos, run the stop signs, yell into a cell phone, run walkers off the path as well as bike riders. Nor would he imagine that anyone would be out riding the paths at 2 am and later. It is way past time to have golf cart registrations and golf cart patrols that have the authority to enforce the rules and levy fines for these offenders. Enough is enough. It is beyond out of hand and people are being injured daily.
1. Driving and parking on the grass. 2. These are transportation vehicles not golf carts. Some have never been on a golf course. 3. Challenging a car at a crossing gate.

What do you say?

Bilyclub 07-08-2021 09:55 AM

No, I'm already paying a good buck for cart insurance.

Tim C. 07-08-2021 10:00 AM

personally, fine the way it is.

and I don't do any of those things in my cart

golfing eagles 07-08-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halehardy (Post 1966753)
We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would go over 28 mph, have LED lights that would light up people's bedrooms, blast stereos, run the stop signs, yell into a cell phone, run walkers off the path as well as bike riders. Nor would he imagine that anyone would be out riding the paths at 2 am and later. It is way past time to have golf cart registrations and golf cart patrols that have the authority to enforce the rules and levy fines for these offenders. Enough is enough. It is beyond out of hand and people are being injured daily.
1. Driving and parking on the grass. 2. These are transportation vehicles not golf carts. Some have never been on a golf course. 3. Challenging a car at a crossing gate.

What do you say?

I say no to:
MORE government
MORE laws
MORE regulations

I don't care if someone drives their cart at 22 and passes me
I don't care if they park on the grass and go fishing or play with rover
I don't care if they are out at 2 AM

I don't think people are being injured DAILY
I don't think LEDs on carts light up rooms.
I don't think bikes and pedestrians are being run off the MMPs regularly

Why do you???

So here's a suggestion:

Have shades or curtains on your bedroom windows and draw them at night (which if you live that close to a MMP you should have already
Don't have a cow if someone passes you or parks on the grass or was out late.
Basically it NOYB, and you'll live longer.

As far as the only legitimate part of the post goes (stop signs), it seems no one (carts, bikes, cars, motorcycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, segways, etc.) comes to a complete stop anymore. Good luck enforcing that one.

wisbad1 07-08-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

What do you say?

More government? Nooo!

graciegirl 07-08-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

What do you say?

I say NO. When you start policing and regulating for what stands at such a minor problem, you start spending MY money and I don't like it.

Road-Runner 07-08-2021 10:13 AM

More laws and government oversight? No thankyou.

ureout 07-08-2021 11:43 AM

WOW... some one needs to chill out... I'd like to know where you got all your info. on what Harold Schwartz thought it would be like in the future??

and who is WE that you refer to??
"We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would "

Also do you also think he ever imagined that his kids would now build whole new sections with very few amenities until after much of the area is sold out?

Papa_lecki 07-08-2021 11:47 AM

Lighten up Francis

Bogie Shooter 07-08-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

What do you say?

What does Mr Schwartz have to do with your rant?

Bogie Shooter 07-08-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ureout (Post 1970180)
WOW... some one needs to chill out... I'd like to know where you got all your info. on what Harold Schwartz thought it would be like in the future??

and who is WE that you refer to??
"We do not believe that when Mr. Schwartz founded The Villages he ever thought there would be golf carts that would "

Also do you also think he ever imagined that his kids would now build whole new sections with very few amenities until after much of the area is sold out?

How does the timing of amenities impact you?

npwalters 07-08-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1970096)
I say no to:
MORE government
MORE laws
MORE regulations

I don't care if someone drives their cart at 22 and passes me
I don't care if they park on the grass and go fishing or play with rover
I don't care if they are out at 2 AM

I don't think people are being injured DAILY
I don't think LEDs on carts light up rooms.
I don't think bikes and pedestrians are being run off the MMPs regularly

Why do you???

So here's a suggestion:

Have shades or curtains on your bedroom windows and draw them at night (which if you live that close to a MMP you should have already
Don't have a cow if someone passes you or parks on the grass or was out late.
Basically it NOYB, and you'll live longer.

As far as the only legitimate part of the post goes (stop signs), it seems no one (carts, bikes, cars, motorcycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, segways, etc.) comes to a complete stop anymore. Good luck enforcing that one.

What he said

Marathon Man 07-08-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

What do you say?

He also did not think that there would be a hospital, town squares, a high school, etc. Not sure why someone would think that we should roll back the calendar.

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-08-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

What do you say?

We already have regulations for golf carts. I don't think we need more. What we could use, however, is more efficient enforcement of the rules we already have.

I don't know how it could be implemented. But that's what I think about the topic in general.

I also DO think that all golf carts need to come with seat belts. I think that any dealership selling any used golf cart, should be required to add seat belts before the carts can be resold. Did they implement a law about that in Florida already? If not, they should. And, I feel very strongly that anyone who gets in an accident while driving or being a passenger of a golf cart, if that cart had seat belts and they chose not to wear them, should be fined, and their health insurance should not cover the cost of their injuries, and their golf cart insurance (if they have any) should not pay out a dime on the accident.

Personal accountability. Sure you can take your chances if you want. But then YOU pay the price. It shouldn't end up costing everyone else higher premiums to pay for your bad choices.

TNLAKEPANDA 07-08-2021 06:23 PM

I say what’s your problem! Stop Bitchin.