Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Restaurant Coming to Mulberry Grove Plaza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-restaurant-coming-mulberry-grove-plaza-321278/)

champion6 07-04-2021 07:59 AM

New Restaurant Coming to Mulberry Grove Plaza

Apparently the desire to spread rumors is stronger than the need to announce facts. After all the rumors regarding the former Cody's location, this was in the July 1 Daily Sun and nobody here said a word.

"New restaurant development continues in The Villages with the announcement that The Back Porch has leased an existing outparcel restaurant building at Mulberry Grove Plaza in The Villages of Marion County. Restaurateurs Phillippe Villian and Kevin O'Donnell, owners of Orlando's Big Fin Seafood Kitchen and Russell's on Lake Ivanhoe, anticipate a fall opening of this restaurant at 8761 SE 165th Mulberry Lane. The Mulberry Grove restaurant will feature an American-style cuisine."

The article neglected to mention that the owners already have The Back Porch in Longwood. It appears to be a classic sports bar, ala Gator's Dockside and Cody's. I hope the owners can pay attention to the business, as well as staff it with caring, knowledgeable employees.
The Back Porch Longwood website
Facebook page

Mleeja 07-04-2021 09:11 AM

I thought it was going to be call Ford’s Garage?

Villagevip 07-04-2021 09:33 AM

Hoping for a local Hooters franchise... : )

golfing eagles 07-04-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1968338)
Apparently the desire to spread rumors is stronger than the need to announce facts....

Seriously??? This is TOTV. Of course the desire to spread rumors is stronger than the need to announce facts. Also, apparently, the ability to "decide for yourself what's right" is more important than the facts, and my favorite----"I base my decisions on how I feel", and not on the facts is important. What absolutely amazes me is the number of posters who support those viewpoints. So hopefully the new restaurant announced is "a fact" :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

graciegirl 07-04-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1968414)
Seriously??? This is TOTV. Of course the desire to spread rumors is stronger than the need to announce facts. Also, apparently, the ability to "decide for yourself what's right" is more important than the facts, and my favorite----"I base my decisions on how I feel", and not on the facts is important. What absolutely amazes me is the number of posters who support those viewpoints. So hopefully the new restaurant announced is "a fact" :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Champion's record for posting reliable information is excellent.

golfing eagles 07-04-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1968420)
Champion's record for posting reliable information is excellent.

GG, wasn't doubting that at all. I'm guilty of "cross-threading". I was venting that there are those people who feel they know more than the experts, and they should do "whatever makes them feel comfortable". To my mind this is a formula for anarchy. After all, we have seen posts within the last few weeks that expressed exactly that sentiment. One person stated he always goes to the 3rd exit of a RB in the outer lane because he is "more comfortable" doing that. Another just today posted they do not proceed to make a left turn and just hold up 20 cars behind them when it is a flashing yellow arrow because they are "more comfortable" that way, or the "feel that is best" We have pretty succinct laws and rules that cover most situations, and in their absence a lot of credentialed experts who give a consensus. This really doesn't leave a lot of room for individuals to "decide for themselves" what is best based on their own misguided opinions or personal feelings.
Of course, when I pointed this out on another thread I practically got my head handed to me because I used an example that many hold strong feelings about. Mea culpa.

End of rant.

DonH57 07-04-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1968409)

Same here. If not a Hooters at least maybe a Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks establishment. Probably never happen.:pray:

russtcc 07-04-2021 12:48 PM

The one in the Villages will be named Droopers.

Nick B 07-05-2021 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russtcc (Post 1968498)
The one in the Villages will be named Droopers.

Now that's funny.

BillY41 07-05-2021 05:04 AM

A Duffy's would be nice!

thevillages2013 07-05-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonH57 (Post 1968463)
Same here. If not a Hooters at least maybe a Tilted Kilt or Twin Peaks establishment. Probably never happen.:pray:

Gitterdone

tsmall22204 07-05-2021 05:54 AM

Thats because people think they know everything and want to be the first to blurt it out.

Villages Kahuna 07-05-2021 06:24 AM

I hope it has a more reasonably-priced menu than the hamburger and fried chicken restaurant that took over the Toojay’s location in Spanish Springs. A quick look at that online menu makes it an easy choice to avoid.

ithos 07-05-2021 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villagevip (Post 1968409)

Hooters have gone down hill. There was one in Tampa recently that wouldn't fix their AC until the workers went on strike.

There are several breastaurant chains that have better ambiance and food. If they were going to have one in The Villages, it should have been in Lake Sumter or Lady Lake.

bilcon 07-05-2021 06:43 AM

Wow, even the manager of Fords's Garage in/near Wesley Chapel lied to me about opening in TV. You never know. I wouldn't venture that far for a hamburger and chicken wings anyway. I go to Nancy Lopez because it's worth the trip.