Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Looks like the housing market has cooled down a lot because of record high prices. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/looks-like-housing-market-has-cooled-down-lot-because-record-high-prices-321294/)

joelfmi 07-04-2021 05:00 PM

Looks like the housing market has cooled down a lot because of record high prices.

Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less competition.
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels, THIS I HOPE WILL STOP THE GREED OF SELLERS
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less as per Redfin

dewilson58 07-04-2021 05:03 PM

OR..............Inventory is very limited so there is nothing to pend.

joelfmi 07-04-2021 05:09 PM

After looking at some of the resale's which needed thousands of dollars in upgrades and were dated 10 year home and older. It was not the best idea to purchase now, because of the prices they were asking.

joelfmi 07-04-2021 05:16 PM

As of July 4th 2021 the mark has cooled Down for resale's as per redfin

Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less competition.
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less :clap2:

JMintzer 07-04-2021 05:26 PM

GREED!

Everybody drink!

dewilson58 07-04-2021 05:46 PM

Greed of the Sellers???
:1rotfl:
I guess they should not except offers.
:1rotfl:

Kenswing 07-04-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelfmi (Post 1968554)
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels, THIS I HOPE WILL STOP THE GREED OF SELLERS
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less as per Redfin

It appears you know NOTHING about real estate. The buyers set the price. Not the sellers.

We recently sold our house. We presented an asking price. The buyers decided to bid it much higher.

Papa_lecki 07-04-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1968556)
OR..............Inventory is very limited so there is nothing to pend.

It’s almost like there should be some economics rule about supply a d demand.

Stu from NYC 07-04-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1968566)
It appears you know NOTHING about real estate. The buyers set the price. Not the sellers.

We recently sold our house. We presented an asking price. The buyers decided to bid it much higher.

Together the buyer and the seller set the final price.

vintageogauge 07-04-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Sellers are not greedy, multiple buyers set the tone. "Some buyers have hit their limit" are the buyers that can't afford the appreciated pricing in todays market and don't care to settle for a home they can afford. Thousands of boomers retiring every day and TV only gets 8 or 10 of them each day, the developers have nothing to fear my dear. There's a good buy over on Wade Terrace LOL.

FromDC 07-04-2021 06:15 PM

I checked The Villages app this morning and it showed 28 new homes for sale here in TV. Now at 7pm (12 hours later), there are only 23 new homes for sale. Our new home TV market is hot, hot, hot.

I say not, not, not to buying at this time.

JMintzer 07-04-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1968566)

Those GREEDY buyers!

Bogie Shooter 07-04-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelfmi (Post 1968559)
Housing Market Update: Pending Sales Slide as New Listings Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels
Some buyers have hit their limit on record-high prices, but others may return to the market with more homes to choose from and less :clap2:

Is there an echo in here?

Velvet 07-04-2021 06:20 PM

My house was not on the market, and I got an offer…. I’m still just getting everything upgraded in the house for me….

Normal 07-04-2021 06:46 PM

Lack of Inventory

I don’t see it cooling off. 25 homes for sale is good? There used to be a lot more inventory to choose from. Perhaps the ideal situation is to sell a home now for today’s market pricing and then build? But cooling off? Have you checked the prices of homes or lots lately? A 250 K Gardenia is almost double the price.

It’s almost like you are wishing for what isn’t true.