Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/)
-   -   Hacienda Golf Course maintenance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-golf-course-conditions-471/hacienda-golf-course-maintenance-321637/)

Moonstonerl 07-14-2021 10:05 AM

Hacienda Golf Course maintenance

4 Attachment(s)
I was wondering why the villiages golf course take very good care of the front of the greens but the view of the back of the green looks like this!
These are pictures of the #8 hole on the Hacienda course, do all the greens look like this! How do you get somebody to fix this?

thevillages2013 07-15-2021 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonstonerl (Post 1972837)
I was wondering why the villiages golf course take very good care of the front of the greens but the view of the back of the green looks like this!
These are pictures of the #8 hole on the Hacienda course, do all the greens look like this! How do you get somebody to fix this?

You don’t have any pictures of greens so I have no idea what you are talking about

JMintzer 07-15-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevillages2013 (Post 1973210)
You don’t have any pictures of greens so I have no idea what you are talking about

He's talking about the front apron vs the grass behind the green...

DaleDivine 07-15-2021 08:24 AM

Ummmm, they don't expect people to hit their ball over the green in that area?
We're all supposed to be perfect golfers... LOL:ohdear::ohdear:
Also, a marketing exposure. Only show the nice front areas for wannabe buyers?
:):)

Two Bills 07-15-2021 08:31 AM

With the trees having first dibs on any moisture, not a lot will grow in that dry shade.

Scudder 07-15-2021 08:42 AM

Hacienda Golf Course Photos

This complaint reminds me of a few years ago when a Glenview resident complained that the short bridge by the duck pond was changed from an arch to a flat wooden bridge. She thought it hurt the look of the neighborhood or something like that. Some people just like to complain about something.

Bolsadd 07-15-2021 12:29 PM

Discuss with Maintance manager

JGVillages 07-15-2021 02:55 PM

That’s probably part of the area where the apartments will be built.

obx2003 07-16-2021 07:54 AM

Grass will not grow where it has to compete with tree shade and tree roots.

stebooo 07-17-2021 01:18 PM

Truly you must not play enough golf. So I don't get this wrong you want yes and shrubs if front of the green. Hmmmm

graciegirl 07-17-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleDivine (Post 1973400)
Ummmm, they don't expect people to hit their ball over the green in that area?
We're all supposed to be perfect golfers... LOL:ohdear::ohdear:
Also, a marketing exposure. Only show the nice front areas for wannabe buyers?
:):)

That ship has sailed and is way off in the distance. NOBODY needs to make this place more desirable right now. It is hot as a fox in a forest fire. I imagine that things aren't growing in the shade in these pictures. Choice is mulch or ground cover, neither great for golf course area where errant balls can land.

stadry 07-18-2021 07:43 AM

never thought of this- too much time on your hands

Flyers999 07-19-2021 07:52 AM

I played La Hacienda several weeks ago and won't go back there anytime soon. The conditions were terrible. I heard a rumor that TV does not run it anymore because they're mad about the apartment thing and want to punish the locals. Has anybody reading this played this course recently? I'd like to go back but dont want the same thing.

dewilson58 07-19-2021 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers999 (Post 1975212)
I heard a rumor that TV does not run it anymore because they're mad about the apartment thing and want to punish the locals..

Ur first two posts this morning.
Welcome to ToTV.
Rumor...........there is no need to punish the locals.....there are only a few local unhappy.

Polish Golfer 07-19-2021 09:57 AM

Hacienda Hills golf course has gone from good to bad since the developer destroyed the swimming pool, restaurant and club house were many villagers enjoyed them. Just look at the hitting cage and what bad shape it's in. Why don't repair it? Well here may be a reason. There are rumors or hearsay that the developer is going to take the Oaks 9th hole and use for parking for the apartment he wants to built. God, I hope this is not so! The Villages is changing for the developer to make more $$$ and make residents more unhappy!