Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Investment Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/)
-   -   Daily investments App (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/daily-investments-app-321738/)

taruffi57 07-16-2021 10:45 AM

Daily investments App

I need a free app that will daily update all of my stocks and IRA accounts automatically, to my iphone. Any links/advice much appreciated.

retiredguy123 07-16-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taruffi57 (Post 1974010)
I need a free app that will daily update all of my stocks and IRA accounts automatically, to my iphone. Any links/advice much appreciated.

I use the Vanguard Investments app. I'm not sure if you need to have an account with them. But, I think most financial investment companies and banks will allow you to add outside investments to your account, and they will automatically track them daily. They will track the net asset value automatically, but if you buy or sell shares, you need to link each asset to the app by providing the user name and password, so the app can also track changes in the number of shares you own.

Stu from NYC 07-16-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1974024)
I use the Vanguard Investments app. I'm not sure if you need to have an account with them. But, I think most financial investment companies and banks will allow you to add outside investments to your account, and they will automatically track them daily. They will track the net asset value automatically, but if you buy or sell shares, you need to link each asset to the app by providing the user name and password, so the app can also track changes in the number of shares you own.

The info is good to have if you want it but would drive me crazy in a down market seeing how much money you lose every day

Babubhat 07-16-2021 11:58 AM

Quicken but you have to pay around 40 dollars a year to get automatic downloads.

dewilson58 07-16-2021 03:41 PM

"My Yahoo" on my laptop and Yahoo Finance on my phone.....linked together. Free.

pqrstar 07-16-2021 04:06 PM

I use Stock Portfolio & Tracker - Yahoo Finance

It is free.

You will have to enter your investments to set up the portfolio and make the changes when ever you sell or buy.

retiredguy123 07-16-2021 05:22 PM

To me, it seems more logical and safe to use an account that you already have and to add outside investments for tracking. I think that most investment accounts and even checking accounts allow you to link other accounts to your existing online account. And, if you link them with a user name and password, they will access and track all of your account balances automatically, and will display the information in their app. No need to get a third party app.

JayDub 07-17-2021 05:46 AM

The App I use is Barchart you add your investment symbols and it updates as soon as there is a change. Also has futures before the market opens ( its Free )

MidWestIA 07-17-2021 05:53 AM

morningstar

morningstar

bowlingal 07-17-2021 05:54 AM

Merrill Lynch does that

richl 07-17-2021 06:29 AM

I would be concerned about the security of my information using a cell phone.

Lynnesail 07-17-2021 06:34 AM

I don’t use my cell phone on public WiFi for banking.

Ruggiero56 07-17-2021 06:49 AM

We’ve used Personal Capital for years. It’s a great app and a great website. Highly recommend.

Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com 07-17-2021 06:53 AM

I would be concerned

Quote:

Originally Posted by taruffi57 (Post 1974010)

I would be concerned with a “Free” app, too many possibilities including stealing your personal information.
I use Edward Jones and their App is insured, and if any changes happen, I get a notice on a Text. The only people that have access are; my Financial Adviser and me, It works great, I have not used any of the other Apps but the Edward Jones App is great

zendog3 07-17-2021 06:56 AM

On my computer, I use a free app called Stockfolio