Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   New address missing! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/new-address-missing-321757/)

Macedo 07-16-2021 08:11 PM

New address missing!

We have purchased a home in Citrus Grove but our address is not showing up as a postal address, so I can’t make any address changes for my mail. How long does it take, we are closing on 8/6.

njbchbum 07-16-2021 08:40 PM

If I recall [!] we got the keys to our postal box at closing which box was simply our street address rather than a p.o. box number address. Until that closing I think we had our mail sent c/o the Postmaster and picked it up at the main post office. Your best answer might just come from contacting the Postmaster for your delivery area.

Stu from NYC 07-17-2021 06:42 AM

A visit to the post office seems to be in your future.

Mortal1 07-17-2021 08:13 AM

what are you looking at that doesn't show your address?

if you know from the agent then just use the address they gave you on the change of address form.

BigSteph 07-17-2021 08:19 AM

We closed on 5/24 in Hawkins and had/have a terrible time with various services because no one can find our address online. Our paper mail is fine -- it goes to USPS and they deliver to our box at the mail center. It is issues like Broadband, where they try to look up our address and report they can't find it.

About half of the places we call/contact don't have an issue locating our street on a digital map, but the other half can't give us quotes or give us availability estimates because their software has not/does not updated to see our street and address.

Djean1981 07-17-2021 12:29 PM

We were provided mailbox keys at closing. The mail - mainly junk/scam mail starting flowing almost immediately.

Mortal1 07-17-2021 01:44 PM

Keys and mailbox are not the issue Djean.

Macedo. When we bought just south 466a we didn't show up on google maps or any other maps. Give it time and it will end up fine. Until then you may have to provide companies or services directions. Use landmarks(stores etc.)and streets, roads that do show up and cite directions from them. Otherwise patience will see you through soon enough.

Kelevision 07-17-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macedo (Post 1974213)
We have purchased a home in Citrus Grove but our address is not showing up as a postal address, so I can’t make any address changes for my mail. How long does it take, we are closing on 8/6.

I moved into Hawkins in June and am still not on any gps maps but the post office, ups, fed ex and Amazon have been able to find me. I cannot however order ubereats or delivery of that nature.

KCrowne 07-18-2021 05:35 AM

We moved to the new section on the far north side over two and a half years ago and STILL can’t get our address recognized in Google maps, which is required for deliveries for pizza and services such as Door Dash, Grub Hub, Uber Eats, etc. I have emailed Google numerous times to no avail. Waze works fine - but you have to enter your address in many of these apps that are linked to Google maps. Very frustrating!

nick demis 07-18-2021 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macedo (Post 1974213)

Until you close, it isn't your house so no mail box has been assigned to you. We started forwarding and made change of address the day we closed.

glsatterlee 07-18-2021 05:55 AM

Try using Waze Map. Our street address showed up a year before Google had it. Also, I think Waze allows you to add it, if it doesn’t show up.

Billy1 07-18-2021 06:17 AM

We used Fenney Grill as our GPS marker our first year in Fenney, but most local businesses new their way around Fenney.

SeaCros 07-18-2021 06:39 AM

If your concern is Google maps then you will have to wait until they perform their update/scans for new roads and homes. Your area is still very new and a work in progress. You will need to be patient until the updates are done

NoMo50 07-18-2021 06:42 AM

We are in Chitty Chatty, and Google still does not show our street. The streets here have been in Waze from the get go, and that was what FedEx and UPS drivers use. The weird part is that Waze is owned by Google. Go figure.

024engine 07-18-2021 06:42 AM

Ask a neighbor. Pretty simple.