Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mosquitos ? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mosquitos-321889/)

sshepard03 07-20-2021 03:16 PM

Mosquitos ?

We closed on a home in St. Catherine's 2 weeks ago; we look forward to meeting every single one of you soon, especially the beer drinkers. Unable to move to TV until mid-September, however.

We've been on 4 lifestyle visits (is that a record?). We never had any issues with mosquitos. Does anyone have any comments on the need for a mosquito service at your home ?

retiredguy123 07-20-2021 03:22 PM

I have rarely seen a mosquito, but I don't live near the water.

sshepard03 07-20-2021 03:39 PM

Mosquitos

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1975813)
I have rarely seen a mosquito, but I don't live near the water.

Thanks Retired Guy !

vintageogauge 07-20-2021 03:58 PM

The Villages comes down the streets every so often and sprays for them. I don't know of anyone that does their own control. Welcome.

LuvtheVillages 07-20-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sshepard03 (Post 1975812)
We closed on a home in St. Catherine's 2 weeks ago; we look forward to meeting every single one of you soon, especially the beer drinkers. Unable to move to TV until mid-September, however.

We've been on 4 lifestyle visits (is that a record?). We never had any issues with mosquitos. Does anyone have any comments on the need for a mosquito service at your home ?

Sumter County handles mosquito control very well. When their traps have more than a set number of mosquitoes, they send trucks out at night to spray.

JohnN 07-20-2021 08:21 PM

Maybe if you live near water. I've been here 13 years and have yet to see a mosquito.
Love bugs in May and September and that's about it.

Stu from NYC 07-20-2021 08:28 PM

No mosquitoes here but the other day got a letter from Massey telling us how much we need their service for this.

Letter quickly found its way to our circular file.

Two Bills 07-21-2021 01:32 AM

C'mon!
Poor mosquitos.
Everyone trying to kill the poor little things, and they only want a little drink of blood!

MLM.:icon_wink:

MiniCooper 07-21-2021 05:53 AM

We had True Green Mosquito service for a year. A waste of money. Yes I have seen mosquitos at sunset but not that bad. Enjoy the villages.

daca55 07-21-2021 05:54 AM

I have encountered “no seeums” but very few mosquitos in the 10 years I have owned here.

crash 07-21-2021 06:06 AM

Quote:

If you live on a pond or preserve the mosquitoes are bad. We can not go outside in our yard at night without getting bit. People are correct about doing vector control and the Villages is better than outside the Villages. Mosquitoes seem to like to bite some people more than others, If you get mosquito bites where you live now it will be worse in Florida.

Foxmd 07-21-2021 06:14 AM

No mosquito problem

I have a beautiful lake in my backyard. Never had one mosquito bite in 10 years.

zmarkp 07-21-2021 06:18 AM

My lady friend lives in the village of Charlotte and the mosquitos are terrible. We cannot sit in her backyard swing and I got eaten alive sitting in a driveway a couple blocks away watching the 4th of July neighborhood fireworks.

coconutmama 07-21-2021 06:33 AM

Quote:

Certain seasons, mosquitoes at dawn & dusk. Keep moving or wear spray. We are not on a pond. Sumter county does come around & spray but it doesn’t help much

nick demis 07-21-2021 06:52 AM

Damn that Noah. He had to let 2 of them on his ark.