Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lot line marker (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lot-line-marker-321951/)

Madelaine Amee 07-22-2021 07:50 AM

Lot line marker

I need to find my lot line marker and I am thinking someone with a metal detector would be able to do this. Does anyone have an idea to help me. Thanks.

DAVES 07-22-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1976605)
I need to find my lot line marker and I am thinking someone with a metal detector would be able to do this. Does anyone have an idea to help me. Thanks.

Perhaps, an easy solution, we have a survey we got it with the purchase of our home.
You can purchase a copy at minimal cost.

Kenswing 07-22-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1976605)

If the survey rod isn't buried too deep you can find it with a magnet. We just moved in so ours wasn't yet buried too deep. I used a stud finder to locate ours. Of course a metal detector is much easier.

Madelaine Amee 07-22-2021 08:53 AM

Thanks for the helpful information. We have a very strong magnet, but has not helped. So stud finder is next, then we will do the survey. :)

Donegalkid 07-22-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 1976630)
If the survey rod isn't buried too deep you can find it with a magnet. We just moved in so ours wasn't yet buried too deep. I used a stud finder to locate ours. Of course a metal detector is much easier.

We live north of 466 — Marion County — up by Mulberry Grove. Does anybody know whether the developer put in 4 metal rods for the corners of the lots as a standard practice? My experience is the rods often get pounded into the ground over time and disappear. Alternatively, I’ve seen markers placed and originally driven into the ground below surface level. It’s pretty apparent the property lines around our yard ard and I’m just wondering what the original system might have been.

DonH57 07-22-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1976649)
Thanks for the helpful information. We have a very strong magnet, but has not helped. So stud finder is next, then we will do the survey. :)

A copy of your lot survey plan should be in your closing documents. I had to dig thru ours to find it because it was a single page.

Kenswing 07-22-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1976649)

Actually the strong magnet I used was in the stud finder.

villagetinker 07-22-2021 11:33 AM

There is a metal detector club, and as I recall they can help doing this.

vintageogauge 07-22-2021 11:40 AM

If you don't have to be 100% accurate the two front corner irrigation heads are pretty close to your boundary, at least in Fenney they are.

Madelaine Amee 07-22-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1976775)
There is a metal detector club, and as I recall they can help doing this.

Village Tinker : This was the information I was hoping to get. I will see if I can find anyone from the club.

CFrance 07-22-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1976895)
Village Tinker : This was the information I was hoping to get. I will see if I can find anyone from the club.

Someone in a former post mentioned the metal detector club and gave a link to a list of clubs. I can barely read it because it's so small, but it looks like the contact is Larry Miller. I can't seem to make it any bigger. Looks like tvmdc.weebly.com
lamiller105@gmail.com

Larry Miller 608-444-1076 https://www.districtgov.org/images/c...VhFiRSyQ%3D%3D

pqrstar 07-22-2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 1976921)
Someone in a former post mentioned the metal detector club and gave a link to a list of clubs. I can barely read it because it's so small, but it looks like the contact is Larry Miller. I can't seem to make it any bigger. Looks like tvmdc.weebly.com
lamiller105@gmail.com

Larry Miller 608-444-1076 https://www.districtgov.org/images/c...VhFiRSyQ%3D%3D

There is a plus and minus sign at the top of the page where you can make the print larger or smaller.

thevillages2013 07-23-2021 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVES (Post 1976625)
Perhaps, an easy solution, we have a survey we got it with the purchase of our home.
You can purchase a copy at minimal cost.

Survey will only help if two pins are located

dewilson58 07-23-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1976786)
If you don't have to be 100% accurate the two front corner irrigation heads are pretty close to your boundary, at least in Fenney they are.

And North of the border too. Clean water in one side, dirty water the other side.

Queenie504 07-23-2021 07:37 AM

Call a Surveyor. There is no physical marker of your property line buried underground.