Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Cardiologist Review of Medical Records (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/cardiologist-review-medical-records-322124/)

angelscelebrate 07-26-2021 01:57 PM

Cardiologist Review of Medical Records

I live in The Villages. I am looking for a retired Cardiovascular Dr. with extensive knowledge of PCI (and complications) to assist me with reviewing my medical records and PCI angiograms. Willing to discuss compensation for time spent.

Please contact me via private message. Thank you :)

villagetinker 07-26-2021 02:55 PM

I understand what you are trying to do, but why not just go to another doctor for a second opinion? If the retired doctor gives you advice that turns out to be bad, he could be incurring significant liability. I was a registered professional electrical engineer, lost my liability insurance when the company I was using left Florida, and the companies that were available demanded a current FL PE license, which I do not have, result, I no longer do consulting, liability is too great. I hope you find what you are looking for.

golfing eagles 07-26-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 1978747)
I understand what you are trying to do, but why not just go to another doctor for a second opinion? If the retired doctor gives you advice that turns out to be bad, he could be incurring significant liability. I was a registered professional electrical engineer, lost my liability insurance when the company I was using left Florida, and the companies that were available demanded a current FL PE license, which I do not have, result, I no longer do consulting, liability is too great. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I read it a different way. It looked to me like the OP was hunting for someone to determine if there is a basis for a malpractice suit. I could be wrong-------OP?

If so, I doubt any retired physician, who is now most likely unlicensed and uninsured would get involved, and I doubt you could "compensate" them enough

villagetinker 07-26-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1978750)
I read it a different way. It looked to me like the OP was hunting for someone to determine if there is a basis for a malpractice suit. I could be wrong-------OP?

If so, I doubt any retired physician, who is now most likely unlicensed and uninsured would get involved, and I doubt you could "compensate" them enough

Good point, medical based lawyer might be a good choice.

retiredguy123 07-26-2021 03:04 PM

It sounds like the OP may need a lawyer, not a doctor.

angelscelebrate 07-26-2021 03:45 PM

Thank you for your reply Villagetinker. I do get what you are saying regarding advice/liability etc. I am not seeking medical advice. Just a review and opportunity to discuss the records.

golfing eagles 07-26-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelscelebrate (Post 1978769)
Thank you for your reply Sage. I do get what you are saying regarding advice/liability etc. I am not seeking medical advice. Just a review and opportunity to discuss the records.

I guess the unanswered question is: for what purpose?????

Stu from NYC 07-26-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Thank you for your reply Villagetinker. I do get what you are saying regarding advice/liability etc. I am not seeking medical advice. Just a review and opportunity to discuss the records.

Sounds like your asking for a second opinion to me.

How do you know the retired Dr is up to date on medical practices?

golfing eagles 07-26-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

The invasive cardiologist who performed the cardiac cath and angioplasty didn't give you an opportunity to review and discuss the results?????

angelscelebrate 07-26-2021 07:44 PM

N/A on a second opinion; well beyond that option.

Girlcopper 07-27-2021 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelscelebrate (Post 1978718)
I live in The Villages. I am looking for a retired Cardiovascular Dr. with extensive knowledge of PCI (and complications) to assist me with reviewing my medical records and PCI angiograms. Willing to discuss compensation for time spent.

Please contact me via private message. Thank you :)

Sounds like there is alot more to this than reviewing records. Your dr should be doing that. If you dont like him, go for a second opinion. But seems to me you are leaning towards a malpractice suit. If you feel you have a case, see a lawyer. Any retired dr would be a fool to get involved with this.