Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   OmniTours (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/)
-   -   We're counting down to the most anticipated new Carnival cruise ship ever! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/were-counting-down-most-anticipated-new-carnival-cruise-ship-ever-322146/)

OmniTours 07-27-2021 12:03 PM

We're counting down to the most anticipated new Carnival cruise ship ever!

Mardi Gras – It has been five years since Carnival Cruise Line first revealed its plans for its mega-ship, one that would not just be big, but one that would break the rules of cruising as we know it. Mardi Gras arrived in all her splendor in her new homeport of Port Canaveral only weeks ago, and already we could all see she would be something special.

Mardi Gras will sail for her much-anticipated inaugural voyage on July 31, 2021. Each day this week we will take a look at a different aspect of Mardi Gras and what makes her unique, what makes everyone excited to see her sail for the first time, and why this vessel, in particular, received such a warm welcome when she first sailed into a U.S. port. Today, we look at the first-ever rollercoaster at sea, BOLT.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Stu from NYC 07-27-2021 12:18 PM

Seems like it will be a very crowded ship.

Babubhat 07-27-2021 01:56 PM

My first Carnival cruise is also my last. Better off with a more upscale line

Stu from NYC 07-27-2021 04:21 PM

We have enjoyed our cruises with Carnival but these days we want to see the world and other lines have more to offer. For a quick Caribbean cruise they are fine.

peachpit 07-27-2021 05:29 PM

Watch the u-tube video. This is a pretty cool ship. I'm booked for the end of 2022.

Cranford61 07-27-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachpit (Post 1979202)
Watch the u-tube video. This is a pretty cool ship. I'm booked for the end of 2022.

Keep your chiropractor on speed dial if you are using the roller coaster at sea.

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-27-2021 07:50 PM

Our last cruise was a Carnival cruise. SO glad we'd taken cruises on other cruiselines before that one. Carnival was horrible. If it had been our first cruise, if that was the first impression we had of cruising, we never would've bothered with another one.

Food was sub-par, activities were hum-drum, WAY too crowded, noise level everywhere was ridiculous, and in the adults-only solarium, there was a group of 5 teens, maybe 16-18 years old, hopping from one jet-spa to the next, with no one telling them it was adults only. Another couple brought their infant child with them into this adults-only solarium. The bumper cars would've been fun, except three people blocked the turn and refused to move, so we were all stuck there until the operator of the floor walked over and forcibly pushed the cars away from each other. Three times he had to do that, because these kids didn't give a damn that 9 other people were trying to have fun and wanted to actually move.

Our next cruise will NOT be on a ship that was designed with families in mind. Probably will spend the extra bucks and do a river cruise.

CosmicTrucker 07-28-2021 05:01 AM

I’m booked for 08-28. I’ll report back

crash 07-28-2021 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker (Post 1979261)
I’m booked for 08-28. I’ll report back

Please do I am scheduled for October they should have the bugs worked out before then

Don’t miss the brew pub they actually brew beer on the ship.

mydavid 07-28-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babubhat (Post 1979139)
My first Carnival cruise is also my last. Better off with a more upscale line

I served on two aircraft carriers during my time in the navy, one cruise on Carnival and was glad to be back on dry land.

normanne 07-28-2021 06:54 AM

My wife and I sailed on the very first ship carnival had called Mardi Gras. I think it was a converted ferry. Excellent value at the time. Crew were Caribbean and very laidback!

vinricci 07-28-2021 07:28 AM

I agree with orange blossom baby. Was spoiled on Oceania and then tried Carnival. Never again. We have friends who own a cruise travel agency and they won’t even book a Carnival cruise.

Pginbr 07-28-2021 08:16 AM

Tos

JSR22 07-28-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pginbr (Post 1979421)
Is this an ad in the member forum section? “OmniTours“ is a travel agency.
There are tons of ads already surrounding all of our posts on every page here, and now they appear like a member post too?
������

They are a sponsor and pay to advertise.

shortnsassy 07-28-2021 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1979223)
Our last cruise was a Carnival cruise. SO glad we'd taken cruises on other cruiselines before that one. Carnival was horrible. If it had been our first cruise, if that was the first impression we had of cruising, we never would've bothered with another one.

Food was sub-par, activities were hum-drum, WAY too crowded, noise level everywhere was ridiculous, and in the adults-only solarium, there was a group of 5 teens, maybe 16-18 years old, hopping from one jet-spa to the next, with no one telling them it was adults only. Another couple brought their infant child with them into this adults-only solarium. The bumper cars would've been fun, except three people blocked the turn and refused to move, so we were all stuck there until the operator of the floor walked over and forcibly pushed the cars away from each other. Three times he had to do that, because these kids didn't give a damn that 9 other people were trying to have fun and wanted to actually move.

Our next cruise will NOT be on a ship that was designed with families in mind. Probably will spend the extra bucks and do a river cruise.

Are you sure you were on Carnival? Carnival does not have bumper cars on any of their ships, Royal Caribbean has them on a few of their ships