Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   The prices of Golf Carts are C R A Z Y ! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/prices-golf-carts-c-r-z-y-322381/)

Penglobal 08-02-2021 05:24 PM

The prices of Golf Carts are C R A Z Y !

Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks

raynan 08-02-2021 07:15 PM

Pick out what you want on a Yamaha and have then give you a price at Villages Golf Carts and then go down to Webster FL near Bushnell to Country Village Power Equipment and you get a much better price and nice people to deal with. There will probably be a wait because everyplace is having trouble getting supplies. If you want used, keep checking this site and the NextDoor site for used.

Laker14 08-02-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penglobal (Post 1982522)
Now that I have moved into The Villages, I have decided on buying a new / used golf cart and the current prices on golf carts are just crazy. The new carts at The Villages Golf Shops are about 15% more than last year, they are offering no incentives and there is no availability. Some new cart's are taking over two months for delivery. When the snow birds come down in a few months with all their money, I get this feeling the prices are just going to increase even more.
Also the asking prices on the used golf cart's sold by individuals are close to full retail. I just can't believe what's going on with inflation. Any suggestions? Thanks

why would they give incentives if they have no availability?

Fredman 08-02-2021 07:41 PM

Snow birds are not going to increase prices. Supply and demand will

JoMar 08-02-2021 07:49 PM

Between your post on Houses and now golf carts.....are you sure you want to move here?

Fast Freddy 08-03-2021 12:17 AM

Second for Country Village Power Equipment.

Down Sized 08-03-2021 04:47 AM

Who’s going to work on these golf carts? Not local.

sdeikenberry 08-03-2021 04:54 AM

Welcome to The Villages. You'll most likely find everything from food to services to goods are more expensive in Florida than they are where you're coming from. There's some balance/trade-off since we pay no state taxes. As for golf carts, there's some service advantage to buying from The Villages cart stores, but a lot of people buy elsewhere...it's about what perks and convenience you want in your retirement life.

noslices1 08-03-2021 05:14 AM

Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466, East of Morse Blvd.

Robnlaura 08-03-2021 05:15 AM

Not sure what prices are but locally plenty of stock of those carts in Melbourne 2021 Advanced EV 2+2 Non Lifted
$8,995.00 not sure if that’s a good price but seek and ye shall find

jedalton 08-03-2021 05:43 AM

Willie the golf cart guy

bowlingal 08-03-2021 05:54 AM

I second the Villages Discount Golf Carts on 466....right next to Birdies golf. Got my cart there ( 2020) . It is actually a golf cart used in tournaments ( like a demo). Much cheaper than The Villages Golf carts, will service at your house too!

ureout 08-03-2021 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1982560)
Pick out what you want on a Yamaha and have then give you a price at Villages Golf Carts and then go down to Webster FL near Bushnell to Country Village Power Equipment and you get a much better price and nice people to deal with. There will probably be a wait because everyplace is having trouble getting supplies. If you want used, keep checking this site and the NextDoor site for used.

I made the mistake of buying a new cart in Webster a couple years ago much better price but they have NO SERVICE unless you bring the cart to them...

Carts and Clubs a few miles N of the villages is better pricing and they have service trucks that come to your home

Northerner52 08-03-2021 06:08 AM

And they even removed the grass cutting blade so you cant use it to cut your grass!
LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penglobal (Post 1982522)

TCRSO 08-03-2021 06:12 AM

The wait for a new cart is now 5 months. Yes, the Villages Golf Carts are more expensive. But you get a loaner cart while you wait for the new cart. We chose to buy from the Villages Golf Carts-we got great service and had a loaner cart for 3 months until our new cart arrived.