Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pickleball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/)
-   -   To all that recognize my picture... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/all-recognize-my-picture-322856/)

La lamy 08-15-2021 07:11 AM

To all that recognize my picture...

I MISS YOU!!!! Just realizing there is still 3 months until I get back to TV and it's too long! As a Canadian I have no choice, but man do I miss my pickleball buddies and neighbourhood friends. Be well and see you not soon enough!

fdpaq0580 08-15-2021 11:13 AM

A little surprised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 1989287)
I MISS YOU!!!! Just realizing there is still 3 months until I get back to TV and it's too long! As a Canadian I have no choice, but man do I miss my pickleball buddies and neighbourhood friends. Be well and see you not soon enough!

I am just a bit surprised since I would think this is the best time of year to be in Canada. I am an American who has spent some time in Canada over the years and, other than hockey season, spring/summer would be fabulous. Don't know where you are located, but hiking, fishing, boating and other exciting outdoor activities would keep me from being bored, I'm sure.
I know you miss you friends and activities here, but pay attention to the weather (heat and humidity) here and maybe, just maybe, you might not feel so bad.
I don't know you but when you return to TV you will be welcomed with open arms by those that do know you.

PugMom 08-15-2021 11:43 AM

it is nice to see you still posting-had you not said you were away i wouldn't have noticed @ all. it's good to know you like it here as much as we do! :coolsmiley:

La lamy 08-15-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 1989437)
I am just a bit surprised since I would think this is the best time of year to be in Canada. I am an American who has spent some time in Canada over the years and, other than hockey season, spring/summer would be fabulous. Don't know where you are located, but hiking, fishing, boating and other exciting outdoor activities would keep me from being bored, I'm sure.
I know you miss you friends and activities here, but pay attention to the weather (heat and humidity) here and maybe, just maybe, you might not feel so bad.
I don't know you but when you return to TV you will be welcomed with open arms by those that do know you.

You're absolutely right about the great weather in Canada at this time of year. I do prefer that aspect, but it's the activities and friends I miss. Don't have the same level of pickleball in my small city and definitely not the outdoor nightly live bands!

Woodbear 08-15-2021 10:24 PM

I would certainly pass on the summer black fly season in Ontario. Thank goodness for DEET or those buggers would eat you alive while fishing. The best fishing would have you portage from lake to lake all the while slapping yourself like a rock drummer to keep the black flies off ya.

roob1 08-16-2021 03:27 AM

My left handed skills are are getting better every day! I will be ready to watch you "tour" the court...hahaha.:a040:

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 1989287)

nativetex 08-16-2021 04:54 AM

My husband and I are moving to The Villages on September 1 from the country of Panama (originally from Texas). We can't wait to move there.

joseppe 08-16-2021 06:44 AM

Thank goodness you didn't move down here, then you'd be missing Canada.

La lamy 08-16-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodbear (Post 1989657)
I would certainly pass on the summer black fly season in Ontario. Thank goodness for DEET or those buggers would eat you alive while fishing. The best fishing would have you portage from lake to lake all the while slapping yourself like a rock drummer to keep the black flies off ya.

:1rotfl: :1rotfl: :1rotfl: :1rotfl: I'm nowhere near black flies where I live but thanks for the hilarious visual!!!

La lamy 08-16-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roob1 (Post 1989665)
My left handed skills are are getting better every day! I will be ready to watch you "tour" the court...hahaha.:a040:

Not sure who you are, but lefthanded skills sure are useful!!

DaleDivine 08-16-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 1989844)

HMMMMM... LOL
:1rotfl::1rotfl:

La lamy 08-16-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseppe (Post 1989720)
Thank goodness you didn't move down here, then you'd be missing Canada.

That sounds like a 'lawyer Joe' comment!! HAHA I did move to TV but only allowed to enjoy it for 6 months re US government rules. But you're right that I would definitely miss Canada's summer weather if I was there full time.

roob1 08-16-2021 11:28 AM

Your left handed singles opponent from earlier this year!! Surgery on right arm still scheduled....

L

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 1989844)

Villagesgal 08-16-2021 11:49 AM

So what part of Canada are you from. I'm from Toronto, love my summers there, but love my winters in the Villages.

La lamy 08-16-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roob1 (Post 1989897)
Your left handed singles opponent from earlier this year!! Surgery on right arm still scheduled....

L

Aaaaaah makes sense! Let me know how that goes...